Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: medication

Hi Flower

I know exactly what you mean by you dont want to try anymore and go through the side affects. If it gets too much for you reduce it slightly and work your way up to 20 mg it wont hurt you at all.

I really hope they help you out.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Hi Flower

I was on citalopram for about 3-4 weeks but the side effects were horrible esp in the mornings.

I was changed to Mirtazepine Soltab which i take 45mg and they are a lot better esp as I was having trouble sleeping and these really knock me out!

Hang in there...give it a month....if your not happy at any point with them then go back and see yur doctor....When i started on matazapine I didnt really have any side effects...so dont worry that with each mediaction youwill get horrible side effects...some you will some you wont...but they do normally subside.

Take care and let me know how you get on.

Tatty B xx

hi,

i have been taking citalopram for about a year and a half now, i started at 20mg, then went onto 40mg, and now am back to 20. it takes time to get used to it, but i found that it worked well for me. however, of course, not everything works the same for everyone, so give it a chance, but if it really doesn't settle down, then ask your gp for something else. it's important to find something that suits you personally.
    hope this helps!

Hi flower,

Just wanted to let you know that I've been on Celexa for about 10 weeks now (at 30 mg for 3 weeks). I know exactly how you feel, I actually got worse before I got better. I had to nap every day, and even just walking to the store tired me out. It took 3 weeks for that to end, and it still took 2 weeks more before I felt "normal" again. But please be patient, I know that it is hard, but now that I have gotten through that phase I feel fantastic! It has been such a help! If you haven't noticed ANY improvement by the time you see your GP though, you may have to switch. Keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on!

Lisa

Hi all.

I've been on 40mg of paxil since February, and though I have some troubling side effects, the worst part is that I seem to be getting no positive benefit from them. I am considering switching to celexa which some fellow OCDers have recommended. Medication is a tricky thing, and it is off-putting how long you have to take something just to see if it will work for you.

Gaff

Hi Flower

You have had some great replies. How is it going for you now? Would be great to hear how you are getting on.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Hi Flower, I havent been on them, but I know quite a few meds, can make you feel worse, before you feel better.

Good luck

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

I took those for about a year. I can't say that they made any real difference. I did notice that I had some side effects when I stopped taking them. It felt a little bit like being on a fair ground ride which lasted for about 3 weeks. The thing is that drugs will not cure the problem, they will only mask it. I would suggest CBT, visualisation and relaxation techniques, combined with a good diet and exercise. Try and stop yourself from internalizing everthing. You must learn not to be obsessed about yourself and start looking outwards. Learn to accept and ignore. Try and observe everything around you and see things of interest wherever you look. Write stories, make a video diary and become your own counsellor. One thing I found particularly helpful was that whatever my immediate concern was (and there have been many) I would imagine that someone else had the same problem and they were asking me for advice. It allows you to take yourself out of the frame and be disassociated with the immediate problem. You need to practice but it does help and you can even get to the stage where you feel a certain sense of authority.

Jim

Hi Jim

Good to see you back and posting again.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

hello, im now on fluoxetine, and ive found that theyve worked better and i feel much happyer plus im seeing a theropist as well with helps me with everything

'the man that flew into space from his apartment'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information