Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: medication

medication

ive been recently put on citalopram and i feel horrible, im tried all the time and i feel really strange. does anyone else take it and has it worked for you?

'the man that flew into space from his apartment'

hi i dont take it so cant really comment on that one but just taking tablets in general you dont say how long you been taking them but remember it takes a while for them to kick in and you might feel worse before you start to feel better try persevere with them and see how you go

fan x

"dont wait for the light at the end of the tunnel..........stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!

Hi Flower

How long have you been on the medication? There can be side affects for the first few weeks but these usually start to subside.

If you have been taking it for longer it might be worth having a word with your doctor. Sometimes a particular medication doesn't suit you and the doctor might want to try something different.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hi Flower

Know exactly how you feel. I tried it once and gave up after a week but then after trying so many more tablets i tried it again. Started off on 5 mg and built it up really slowly. It made me have a life again and although i still get bad days i know there is hope, whereas before i didnt know that. Medication doesnt suit all of us and some feel better going it alone. I got so bad i knew i couldnt thats why i tried it again and believe me it was hard, the side effects made me a lot worse but i came through it and it has helped so much. I hope they work as well for you as they have me.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Hi flower,

I've been on citalopram for nearly three weeks, and i think the side effects are only just starting to calm down (nausea, tiredness, and made me feel very agitated all the time).I am now looking forward to noticing the benefits of them!

tracy x x

im on 20 mg and have only been on them for a week now. i feel really tried as well

Hey flower,

I'm on 20mg too, as awful as you feel, you got to think positive and hope that they will do the trick! Be patient (impossible i know) at least thats what my gp tells me!!

Take care

tracy x x

same here, ive got to go back and she her in a months time to see how things are going. i hope they work becuase i dont want to try anymore and go through the horrible side effects again

thats probably why you seeing her in a month to see what progress or effects you are having they probably settle down before then

fan x

"dont wait for the light at the end of the tunnel..........stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!

hi flower,

I was on cipralex (the new citalopram) and I felt pretty bad for the first week or two. I felt much better after that though and it was very much worth it in the end. Give it some time - it can take a while for your body to get used to the meds.

Sarah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information