Thread: Why does my mind thrive on the negative

Why does my mind thrive on the negative

Hi,

I had a drive ahead of me today which had really made me anxious. I did the first part of the drive and more and was really pleased. On the way back my driving was fine but my co-ordination (revving was slighty too much). Why do I stay with this part (negative) but forget the good part. Any suggestions I would be grateful.

Thanks.

Tony

Re: Why does my mind thrive on the negative

I know the feeling.I drove into the centre of town today for the first time in months.I was quite anxious about it.In the event there were no problems.my driving was faultless although I say it myself but when I got home all I could think about was twice having to change lanes when I realised I was in the wrong lane.I'm now thinking it'sa complicated one way system with lots of options for coming away from town.Noone would negotiate the route without changing lane unless they were familiar with it.with regard to the revving are you a fairly new driver as in my experience new/learner drivers do tend to "rev"but it stops with experience.If you are very critical of yourself it's maybe because you are a perfectionist which is no bad thing to be in this couldn't care less world.It will serve you well.
    All the best
    John

Re: Why does my mind thrive on the negative

Hi john,
    I am driving my wifes car as I sold my own. I have driven it for about a month, it probably is getting used to it and a mixture of anxiety. Thanks for your reply.

Tony

Thread Information