Thread: Lamictal withdrawal, help me please with this... someone...

Question Lamictal withdrawal, help me please with this... someone...

I’m currently going off Lamictal, I was on 125mg at one time and I went down to 50mg on my own like a fool only to go back to my doctor and he put me back up on 75. However I couldn’t stand it anymore, Lamictal wasn’t helping me and I wanted to get off medications *Was also on Invega 6mg* so he put me on Lamictal from 75mg to 25mg for one week then a total discontinuation. Now is anyoneposting here that can help me with the symptoms I deal with? I feel like I’m going mad at times, very insecure, have to sleep in my mother’s room because my depression/ocd/anxiety is so much worse… this is day 12 without my usual meds and day 5 without ANY Lamictal… any help please? My AIM/AOL is PaulotheSpy. please help me.

Re: Lamictal withdrawal, help me please with this... someone...

Hi

Not sure if lamictal is prescribed for depression/anxiety in the UK.

I only know it as being prescribed for epilepsy. My son was on 500mg per day and dropped to 200mg with no side effects but it is for epilepsy.

You say the meds. were working for you - maybe you need to reconsider going back on them for the time being.

Hopefully someone on this forum may be able to help you further.

Take care

thanks... because I do need more information/help about this :|

I could not afford to refill my Lamictal prescription (I take 150mg daily) and so I am dealing with the withdrawal symptoms. The withdrawal is something terrible. I have a very bad headache that will not quit, my body aches, and my brain feels like it is misfiring. At times I feel as if I am outside of my body. I have bursts of anger and sometimes I am suddenly very sad. The first week I began to have anxiety attacks, but that has leveled off.

My doctor says I have to start again at 25mg and do the gradual buildup until I am back at 150mg. Of course, he had no samples to give me. He gave me a prescription for a starter pack, but that isn't very helpful when I can't afford it. It is very scary. It is affecting me on my job and at home. It is hard to function at work when you feel so yucky.

Thread Information