86 21.55%
  • I get dizzy when i move my head to fast or bend down

33 8.27%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Describe your dizziness

Describe your dizziness

Please describe your dizziness

Re: Describe your dizziness

It feels like I'm bobbing up and down or I'm on a boat. It's worse when I stop moving, when I sit down or lie down. If I walk around it usually eases up a bit. Thankfully I don't get it so much anymore.

Its a cross between feeling light headed and off balance and feeling like im tilting to one side.

Feeling lightheaded doesnt always happen with the other.

Cassi

I could really tick most of the boxes.
    One could be:-
    Lightheadedness - as if you want to take your brain out and wash it
    Dreadful giddiness -when you feel sick
    Stomach churning - you do not know whether it is your head or your gut.

Virtigo - (they say i have this) waiting for hospital app - in June = The world spins and you are falling into a deep dark hole - screamed for hubby to stop me spinning. I am on meds for this - that is how bad it is.
    I am more afraid of the virtigo than the meds
    Another sensation is when you feel as if the floor is made of sponge / or you are walking on a mattress - you know the wobbly feeling
    ALL of these are horrendous and yet so common to general stress and anxiety.
    hugs to all who suffer this cos no one seems to believe how bad it feels.
    June

Thanks for the replys

Yep, all of the above!!! Lol. Horrible and very, very scary.x

all of the above for me too , but hospital say they think i have a hole thru the bone in my inner ear ,,, a good way to test for this is when you listen to noises , close your eyes and if your eyes jump about alot , then its usually because of this.

Oh thank God, I thought it was just me. I feel off balance and more giddy than dizzy. If I turn my head to look left or right I loose my sense of balance, no spinning, it feels as though my eyes don't move with my head. I spend so much time on vdu at work I wonder if my eyes are not very supple. Also like lots of other anx sufferers I have very very tense neck and shoulder muscles (and jaw) and grind and clench in my sleep. Any others feel this, it's my very worst symptom and nobody seems to describe it quite like I get it. Pleeeeease!

Fran

When i'm very lightheaded and off balance i to feel it in my eyes, my eyes will feel tense and seem like they are always half closed. Also I do notice that i am not brathing as i should and taking more chest breaths then abdominal breaths. Oh and another thing is when i'm dizzy it seems like every second thought in my head is thinking about how dizzy i am or something along those lines of the dizziness and when i'm not dizzy i'm not thinking about it and i feel relaxed and calm..

I know what you mean Pudding and Joel. I am there too! I went to the hospital last week for balance testing and had a few simple tests for benign positional vertigo, as you may know. But nothing shown yet, i have to go back in two weeks for more testing but they think that i have it!! It is so scary isn't it? I hadn't done too bad for the past two days then when i got up this morning WHOOSH i was so dizzy again. Not spinning just off balance and dizzy. I carry on and on the best i can even though i am floating through everything. I hate living like this and wish it would just go away for good and leave me alone. I have struggled a lot today with this and just kept going when all i want to do is sit in a corner and cry for it to go away!! I have just sat forward to pick up my laptop to come on here and moved my head to the left to reach for it and WHOOSH again!! Horrid.
    I know what you mean about the eyes though, it feels to me like it is somehow connected to them, like the eyes are not connected to the balance system properly anymore and that is most of the problem, have i described that right? Anyway, the audiology consultant did say that the diagnosis tests that i will have done will promote my eyes to 'wobble', this is how they diagnose benign positional vertigo. So obviously there must be a connection to the eyes. I don't really know, all i know is that i hate it, it scares the hell out of me and i think because we suffer with anxiety and depression etc, we get floating and dizziness anyway and this adds to it and doesn't help at all. I am terrified of going back for tests again, they are not nice to do and i was terrified.
    The other thing is that i do keep going and going and my dizziness is not getting any better even though i am carrying on regardless.
    Just glad that i am not alone in this.xx

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information