55 13.78%
  • I feel like i'm going to pass out or fall over

86 21.55%
  • I get dizzy when i move my head to fast or bend down

33 8.27%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Describe your dizziness

Re: Describe your dizziness

Angie do also get a lot of headaches? It seem like i get them way too often in dif parts of the head, 1 day it'll be in the back of the head then next the top and then the temples and some days its all over.

I just wish i could descibe the dizziness i get better to you but its just so hard to descibe. I hear people describe it as an "almost drunk" feeling but with no alcohol, this is close to what i feel as well. Wobbly, unsteady and not clear headed could be a good way to descirbe it as well.

But like you i wish it would just go away :P Let me know if you feel like what i described above or anyone else for that matter.. Thanks

Poor Angie, you seem to be suffering badly with this. I must admit that I do feel mine is more about tension and breathing than anything deep seated but I do wonder sometimes. It's the one thing that can make me panic, most other symptoms I can put up with, it is worse since I had a bout of vertigo virus a couple of years ago so that has just probably added to the usual sensations that us anx sufferers get. Hope your tests go well Angie. X

angie , Ive had the tests , they are called ENG tests, they were ok but if they make you dizzy then that means your ears are working fine , if you dont get dizzy that means you have a problem.
    I did not get dizzy in both ears , and they told me both ears are low functioning . Hope that helps.
    take care

Thanks Mirry, i was dizzy afterwards, just a little, and then for the next two days it got worse. But i only had a couple of simple tests so far, nothing too bad i suppose.

Joe, it is like i am drunk but without touching a drop. Fuzzy and cloudy, even floaty too. I also get the 'walking on a boat' thing too. I wish it could be all put down to anxiety then at least i would know and could just try and deal with it all. But i think the best way to describe the way i feel when i am moving about or even walking, is drunk and off balance. However, i do get this sudden spinning now and then when moving or just altering my head position or even just my eyes too.
    I am terrified of going back to the hospital for the other tests.
    Can't help feeling that my gum bleeding so badly for no reason the following day was down to him throwing me back on that ruddy table too, even though that sounds ridiculous i know. But it just happened at the wrong time i think but it has made me even more scared to go back to the hospital now too.x

hi there,
    i am so glad i came accross this site as i am a complete worrier about my health!
    has anyone else had this really strange thing with dizziness?
    when i gave birth both times i suffered with severe dizziness after, i coultnt walk in a straight line or hold my head up, it was like my head was so heavy & when i lifted it i felt like i was spinning round the room, i also had a really sort of heavy feeling aswell, i was only ok when i was laying down. this lasted really bad for 7 days like so bad that i couldnt even have a conversaion on the phone or see anyone when i came home from hospital, i had to be helped walking around the house it was awful.
    i do suffer with dizziness other times but never like that.
    docs checked my blood pressure/iron etc but couldnt find anything wrong????anyone had the same thing?????????

charl. XXXXX

Red face Re: Describe your dizziness

wow i did not think dizzyness was so common,i too suffer with this,i had all the tests and was diagnosed with vertigo,scared me so much the first time, an ambulance was called and i was admitted to hospital for 3 days,mine started out of the blue,the room just started spinning,really spinning fast,i had to lie down with my eyes closed,and i did not open them till i reached hospital,and then promptly closed them again,i was vomiting,and had loose bowels,ughhhhh it was awful,was prescribed stemetil as and when needed,luckily i have had only 2 or 3 since then but i take the medication and wait for it to subside.theres always the scary thougt that it may happen whilst i am out on my own as i get no warning,but fingers crossed so far so good.anyway just thought i would share that with you all lol.take care xx

Hi rozie glad your feeling better! For me the room does not spin it's more of a light headed off balance kind of thing which is so hard to describe. I somtimes say to people its almost like a drunk feeling because i cant walk to straight or i tend to bump into things or feel like i'm going to fall over.

In your case tho its good to get your ears checked out because in inner ear problem would make the room spin.

when i was admitted to hospital my ears were tested,they poured water in my ears whilst i was looking at these lights and flashing things on the ceiling,at the same time i had to count backwards in fives from 100,it was not nice i can tell you,anyway as i said they diagnosed vertigo,it may go completley or it may occur occasionally,anyway thats all they said.

I've had the floating, walking on sponge sensations so had my eyes tested (slighly short sighted in one eye but nothing which would make me dizzy) and a full MRI scan of my neck and inner ear. I was told that either it was down to stress/panic (as with many people in ENT departemnts) or I have a very tiny balance problem in my left ear which could cause these problems but as the ear is so intricate it's not visible even on a blow-up of the scans. So - ear balance problem inconclusive, probably anxiety. I try to enjoy the dizziness and pretend I've had some wine but it's still distressing. My doctor gave me some drops to take when I feel an attack coming on - so far they work and make it go away again for several hours and in somecases the panic attack doesn't come back for days. I'm still trying to figure what sets them off.

My dizziness is so bad sometimes I can't walk.... but I'm not hyperventilating so it's nothing to do with my breathing. I could tick all the boxes.

bx

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information