Thread: Doing well but there is a limit

Doing well but there is a limit

Hi all,
    I have been tackling my fears as much as I can lately. 2 of my great friends have been taking me on the motorway away from home for a few hrs once a wk for the past few weeks. I feel the benefit of it because each time my anxiety has been so much more managable. My plan is to feel really comfortable doing this before moving onto going on trains.

However, the next dilemma is DH & myself talking about going away on holiday in June to Florida again. We all love it there, but I really, really struggle with flying and being that far away from home. WE have been pricing flights and I am beginning to feel that lead feeling in my chest & stomach.

Part of me wants to just stay here in Britain for our holiday as that would be the easier option for me, but I know that life is too short to not do what we all love to do. I know that by not going I am giving into it again. But I keep thinking that if we wait until next year I might feel more able to do it, but then again, maybe I won't, maybe I will just feel the same.

Should I just take the bull by the horn & book it?

Re: Doing well but there is a limit

Take the bull by the horns and book it. Once you get there you will have a great time. Remember YOU are BIGGER than your BOO !!!

The brain only responds to experiential desensitization. It is a "show me" organ. The two things it does not want to do is die or be embarrassed. Your enemy is your boo and your boo lies all the time and speaks in adrenalin. Those are the only two weapons it has. You just say to yourself, whatever happens I will handle it. I do not have to handle it well, I just have to handle it. What would happen if you lost your legs? Would you just give up and feel sorry for yourself? No matter how terrible the situation you would be able to handle it.

Book It!! Im flying again on Sunday, over the last 2 years Ive taken 4 holidays abroad without the person I went with for 25 years,and everytime it approaches I think what on earth have i done, I want to be here, in my house, in my bed in my safety zone,(Imthinking that now) then when I actually get there its all forgotten and I love it, life is too short, go, you will enjoy it!

Please bear with me, Ill be back for good soon.

Exactly !!! Why be bullied by your Boo which when you face it square in the face has no teeth whatsoever.

Hi Panicdiva,

Mr Anxiety will always stand on your shoulder chirping away "Don't! You Can't!...."
    The more you focus on the positive thinking and action,the quieter he will become.
    As Nic says,just feckin do it!!

Best wishes,
    Chalky

Hi Diva

Welldone on you achivements hun, Doing these things often reduces the snxiety more and more each time and then it will juist seem like walking to your front door!!

The Holiday situation having a buzz about somthing like going to your favourite holiday destination is agood thing and mostly having that excitment about somthing normally makes the step easier to do, If you do decide to book the trip hun just try to push the idea to one side after you book it just dont think about it cos the longer you have to think about somthing the Negative thoughts normaly come in, But at the time the situation isnt as scary as you made it up to be in your head.

The thing is its really good that you are thinking of booking the flights and that means you are getting better hun Welldone you xxx

ps bring me a stick of rock back!! lol

Thread Information