Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Positive outcome from the Doctors.....

Karen ,

So much of her issues seen to be all in anticipatory anxiety rather than situational . It may be worth talking to the counsellor to see if she would do a session specifically on that sometime. It may be to do with separation as shes indicated but it could also just be habitual now.
    For ages after I'd really finished with major anxiety and fear , I would have anticipatory anxiety symptoms of nausea and churning when travelling distances even though I wasn't really scared of anything at all.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Karen

If it's any consolation, I still get butterflies and nausea and stomach upsets before I go out, and usually settle once there!!!!

I know you probably feel horrible "making" Alice do things, but please keep doing it. If you don't "make" her, she could end up like I did - too scared to do anything.

Overcoming this is very much a part of continued exposure - repeating and repeating experiences until your brain kicks in that there is nothing to be worried about.

I've lost count of the number of times I've been really ill before something - gone and decided I couldn't possibly stop longer than 30 minutes - and then been the last one to leave.

Please keep persevering with Alice, no matter how "mean" you feel. I have to be "mean" to myself all the time, or else I'd just sit in the house being a cabbage!!!

Could you make the visits to the god mothers a regular weekend thing?

Please don't expect a change instantly, it's a slow steady path back to "normality". Remember, we are re-learning things for the REST OF OUR LIVES, which is more important than getting her better NOW, but without the skills to keep it up.

(Hope this makes sense)

Please don't loose faith - you will get there.

Best of luck

Charlie

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information