Thread: Is it my wisdom teeth?

Is it my wisdom teeth?

Just recently my anxiety has become more intense. I have noticed some slight discomfort in two of my wisdom teeth too. I feel like I can't open my mouth as wide as normal either.

Other symtoms have been:

Nausea, no appitite, headaches, aching body, weakness, trouble sleeping, sore throat, jaw ache, vivid dreams, confusion, derealisation, crying, bad breath, soreness around the stomach, chest pains.

Could this all be down to my wisdom teeth pushing? I cant seem to find much info on the subject, but only a few tit-bits that slightly confirm that wisdom teeth can cause alot of symtoms all over your body.

Anyone been through the same or can help?

Re: Is it my wisdom teeth?

Hi Nicotine

I went through something similar at the beginning of my anxiety and I always blamed my teeth but it turned out to be the muscles in the face and jaw which were very tense and it's all connected to the same nerve pathways as the teeth. The only way to deal with it is relaxation which is what all of us find so hard to do. You probably clench or grind your teeth at night or during the day which is what causes the pain. If you are really concerned it may be your teeth I suggest you see your dentist first though. I hope you manage to relax a bit soon.

Fran

Thank you. I recently went to my dentist, but it wasn't until after that I have had feelings my wisdom teeth are pushing or infected.

He gave me a routine clean, maybe that agrivated them or something. But I should get in touch yes.

Thank you for your advice *kiss*

Classic tension symptoms. Go see a physio!

Thread Information