Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HON accreditation - We got it! WOW!

HON accreditation - We got it! WOW!

Hi all

You may have noticed I haven't been as active on the forum for a few weeks as I was concentrating on getting HON accreditation for NMP and I just got an email saying we are approved

I am so chuffed

It has meant a lot of minor (but critical) changes to the website pages that you may not even have noticed such as crediting every single person that has written an article for me and detailing every source of information that I used to write the site and this new page http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms....e=bibliography

It has been a long process over the last 2 months but we finally got it

We can now display the HON logo on the website.

Now I know you are all asking "what on earth is HON"?

Well it is this....

HON has been created for improving the quality of information intended to both patients and medical professionals for facilitating quick access to the most relevant and up-to-date medical discoveries.

HONcode is the oldest and the most used ethical and trustworthy code for medical and health related information available on Internet.The HONcode is designed for two target audiences: the general public and the web publisher, actively involving the site owner in the process of accreditation.

The HON Foundation is a Non-Governmental Organization, internationally known for its pioneering work in the field of health information ethics, notably for the establishment of its code of ethical conduct, the HONcode.

HON Facts

The HONcode is the most widely accepted reference for online health and medical publishers. Currently the HONcode is used by over 5’000 accredited websites, covering 72 countries.

HON web site http://www.healthonnet.org/ is visited by 27’000 visitors world-wide per day.

HONcode Toolbar: search engine and checker of the accreditation status

Automatically checks a site’s HONcode status when browsing health web sites. The search engine indexes only HONcode-accredited sites. HONcodeHunt currently includes millions of accredited medical and health Web pages.

If you want to read more please go to ... http://www.hon.ch/

I just wanted to share this news with you as it also means that NMP is an approved site for you to visit and feel safe.
    Last edited by nomorepanic; 29-03-08 at 00:09.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: HON accreditation - We got it! WOW!

Congratulations Nic
    Well done

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Hi nic, well done !!!!!!

Please bear with me, Ill be back for good soon.

Thanks Phill and Alexis

I am just so pleased that we are recognised as being a safe place to visit and they do checks regularly to see that I am still complying to their 8 principles so I will be kept busy!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Whats new then Nic??
    You and Alex are always busy on here, glad its paid off.

Please bear with me, Ill be back for good soon.

Thumbs up Re: HON accreditation - We got it! WOW!

THAT'S GREAT NEW INDEED. NOW NMP IS RECOGNISE AND A TRUSTED SITE. THANK YOU MR.ADMIN FOR MAKING IT POSSIBLE. YOU DESERVE THIS...A BIG HUG FOR YOU.

well done nmp likemy newname ?HON MISEIRE

Well done, thats brilliant
    love Mags xxxx

Woooohooo! Congratulations! And as a newish member I have to say what a wonderful site NMP is! THANK YOU!!

Wendy xxxx

Great news Nicola and I'm really delighted, it's very well deserved and I don't expect you'll ever realise what a huge difference your site has made to so many peoples lives and how valued you are. You (and Alex) deserve an award of your own. Thank you and keep up your good work, please. Sagey.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information