Thread: will it pass please tell me yes

will it pass please tell me yes

hi everone im farley new to all this anx /depresion attacks started in january havent felt right since but now its got to a point were i carnt even go out on my own i was always out and about on my own before this morning for examlple went a walk to shop with hubby and started to shake ,dry mouth aches and pains still shaking now havent been out on my own for about 3 weeks now and dont want to go out as frightened somthing bad will happen as when it all started i colapsed in town do you think this is why it trigerd somthing ,anx now hope it passes soon i hate it please tell me ill be able to go out soon and be like my old self

Re: will it pass please tell me yes

Hi Bullseye,

Welcome to the Forum!!

You will get loads of support and advice here.
    Learn as much as you can about why this is happening to you.There is loads of information available through the Main Menu.Also read some of the Success Stories for inspiration.
    You can and will get better.
    Best wishes,
    Chalky

Hiya Hun

Ok first of all, the longer you leave it, the worse and harder it's going to be to go out on your own. Take it from one that knows!.

Ok start by taking very small walks, say round the block to start off with. Do it as much as possible till you feel comfortable with it, then maybe a little bit further, again till you feel comfortable with it. This will build your confidence back up about going out on your own but please don't leave it too long as agarophobia is a begger to egt out of once it takes hold.

I think it's because you collapst that has brought this on. Please don't feel silly about it because ANYONE would be feeling the same as you now. Try to put it to the back of you mind and take those baby steps!!

best of luck hun

Love Lisa
    xxxxx

hiya, ive been suffering for 1 and a half years now and every morning i wake up and wonder when is it going to stop. who knows is the answer.
    taking little steps at the time will make you more confident. my first few months were the hardest but then you begin to accept and then keep pushing forward.
    i wasnt able to go out for months and months but the i built up the courage to go out with my boyfriend and then i managed to get on a train with him and then on a bus and then i managed to get on a train by myself for an hour long journey there and the same back.
    its not easy honey but the more trying you do the better you're going to get.
    i got my first one in town as well and wasnt able to leave the house. i know exactly what its like.
    if you can try and go to the doctors. i did and the recommended me CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) and thats helping me. rescue rememdy is also good. try going out for little walks, the best thing to do is to face the fear, its horrible i know, but its the best.
    good luck, message me if you want to talk about it some more.
    jessie x

Hi - I got like this and it does pass but the bad news is - you do have to work at it.

Lisa is right - little steps at a time. I used to make myself go to the local shop every day. At first I couldn't actually go in it but eventually after a few weeks I did. It is so hard but the rewards of freedom are so brilliant it is really worth trying for...

ANd you have to let us all know how you are doing so we can clap with delight or hold your hand when its rough xxx

Thread Information