Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lack of sleep

Hi

I also suffer terribly with not sleeping, but only during bouts of anxiety/depression...then I cannot sleep for nights. When I do, I only grab a couple of hours of restless sleep. I find then that I might sleep for 6 hours one night, then it's back to the same old sleepless routine.

I realise that I am obsessed with sleeping, or rather not sleeping, to the point where I worry about it all day, if I've had a bad few nights. I know then that my chances of sleeping are very little! Then I blame myself...

I got over this before by my CPN saying to me, "What do you think will happen if you don't sleep? You will eventually, so why worry? It won't kill you. The more you worry, the less chance you will have of sleeping"! Logical, but it worked...that time! Not working now, and I'm taking Zopiclone and it doesn't touch me.

I'm on Citaprolam at the moment and have been for a week. It doesn't seem to be helping with my sleeping, though the initial side effects have worn off. I'm to give it a while longer and possibly try Mirtazapin - though I'm scared even that won't work! I need a sledgehammer to knock me out when I'm like this!

Does anyone else have the 'worried about sleep, so don't sleep' problem? I just hate being awake all night, especially when I'm anxious and I can't rest in the day, as I end up feeling panicky!

Love and hugs

Caz xx

hi if you find you cant sleep dont lie tossing and turning it makes it worse try get up and do something listen to music, read a book, then as you feel tired try going back to bed also try get some lavendar oil and put some on your pillow or a plug in in the bedroom it will relax you and might help

fan x

"dont wait for the light at the end of the tunnel..........stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information