Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I distract myself?

hi di

just read your post i can understand how you feel...i used to be exacly the same.

I found that if i said five affirmations each night and moring that really helped me ...However i am not saying that they work straight away but like the hare and tortiose they will creeep in ....look at the small nice things each day and you WILL get there.

take care

della[OK]

Hi to those who wake with negative thought, I wake every morning with tears, as I am afraid toface the day, I too look in the wardrobe, and look at all the nice clothes I have, but just cant stop the negative thoughts myself. I think of the days when I bought them, and wish I was like that now. I cry on and off all day thinking of how I used to be, I have suffered from agaoraphobia and panics for many years, but was able to get out up until 5 years ago when the doctor took me off SEROXAT cold turkey, since then, my life is all negative, I would like help, I lie there in bed, and too afraid to get up, but have been trying to get out a bit lately, its so hard, as I find that I can only do certain places, it helps, but can anyone tell me, when I get back in my house, the tears start again, I just dont understand it. Sometimes when I am out, I feel the panic, but try and make myself stick it out. The mornings are always the same, tears always start my day, at nights, it is alright most times, apart from continual headaches, I seem to live in the past, please can anyone help me, Blossom

Hi Blossom

I understand how you feel. I've had these problems on and off since the birth of my first child who's now 15. I think it started as a type of health anxiety as I had health problems throughout both pregnancies and health problems for some years afterwards, therefore I began to feel different from my friends and other people. I think I felt I was being punished for something!?

A couple of years ago I met with someone who'd had similar problems to me throughout their pregnancies and had suffered anxiety/depression and had been to see a gynaecologist and found she had hormonal problems. I went to see the same consultant and found out I had polycystic ovarian syndrome and even though I had no real physical symptoms, it can cause mood swings which is linked to insulin levels, and was put on to HRT.

I am at present coming off my anti-depressants as I have never felt they have helped my mood and am trying to control my diet and intake of sugar. I believe I am borderline diabetic. I wouldn't say that it has resolved my problems because I am still having problems, my consultant says he wishes I had been aware of his services 12 years ago. I still feel I'm the cause of my problems and he is trying to prove me wrong.

Di

Hi Di,

The trouble with depression is that it is like wading through treacle. It takes a lot of effort to do anything - I know. Even the simplest tasks can seem so huge. The trick is to try and make the effort , however difficult. Just small things and then they all add up to big things. Soon it becomes habit and it gets easier, I promise.

love Christine

hi di

yes depression can feel like a large weight on your shoulders...i know when i had it there were times when i couldnt think of the next hour let alone the next day...i literally had to take things one minute at atime and if i managed to do a small task in that time i didnt even feel that i had achieved anything...however things DO get better if you need to talk let me know

take care

della[8D]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information