Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: a suggestion that has helped me....

Hi

Hope you are enjoying the break.

Have tried to find the book but havent as yet so if you could let me know a bit more i will look for it as i think it sounds great and i would loe to read it.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

[quote]Hi

Hi Sal, the break is going great thanks. I hope you are doing well too. I just wish Summer break would never end! If your library does not have the Obitz book they can probably get it on loan for you from another library or you can order it in the mail from the books website www.tao3.com

Take care and enjoy the rest of the summer!!!

I know that they are right there near Hollywood but I do not know which famous people Craske and/or Obitz have treated. You could try writing them!

I've been really busy lately and not checked the boards so I just received your reply Harstew. Thanks for your help I may try writing them or e-mailing them. I'll share what they say if I get a reply other than the standard "Your letter is important to us but do to the volume we receive we can't answer all of them etc. etc." Thanks for the suggestion.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Thanks for sharing. I am in a cbt program at my school and the lady who wrote the foreword to this book (Dr. Michelle Craske) heads the program at my college and has treated lots of celebrities. We started our program with this book and are using another good book called Mastery of your Anxiety and Panic that Dr. Craske wrote with a guy named David Barlow. They are both really short and good books but I do like the one by Obitz better because it was easier for me to relate to.

<div align="right">Originally posted by Jrank - 01 June 2005 : 21:59:42</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Hi Jrank,

Thanks for all that info! We used both of those books in my cbt program here in Hawaii. I did not realize that Craske and Obitz treated so many celebs so that was nice to hear. I fought anxiety, panic and depression for eight years and was on lots of meds before learning cbt. I have been in recoverey for a year and a half and off meds for two years now and fell great. I hope you achieve similar results to what I have received from my cbt program and it sure sounds like you are on the right track.

I wrote to Obitz awhile back, asking him how he came with his clever title (Been There, Done That? Do This!) and he wrote me back a nice, albeit brief note.

That was through snail mail, but I can look to see if I can locate his email address. It would be interesting to know tidbits like that from the author.

A book I found useful and sounds like its along similar sort of lines is Paul McKenna's Change your life in 7 days. Although not directly linked to anxiety it explains to appreciate yourself more, what to aim for and to disassociate yourself from painful memories and thoughts. Some of the ideas take a lot of practice but you can notice changes.

Thanks Harstew that's encouraging and let me know if you find an e-mail address for Obitz and I'll send him a note. Jrank you must be back in school by now. Any luck with your queries? Thanks.

The funny thing about Johnny Depp is that everyone thought he had no insecurities... it turns out he had anxiety attacks and is just like the rest of us!

Hi Harstew did you ever find an e-mail address for Obitz? Maybe I'll just follow your lead and send a snail mail letter. I never write letters anymore now that I have e-mail, too lazy I guess. As for Johnny Depp, anyone who tears up a hotel room when his girlfriend dumps him clearly has issues!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information