Thread: Online Cbt Course

Online Cbt Course

Hi

Ive just joined a site called moodgym

http://moodgym.anu.edu.au/moodgym

its a kind of online CBT course that evaluates your thoughts and feelings. you partake in quizzes and questionnaires and the first module gives you an insight into your depression leel and your anxiety level. its really interesting and gives you some homework to do

its nothing special.it doesnt claim to do any miracle work but it is interesting and i found it quite helpful

lou xxx

Re: Online Cbt Course

Hi Lou

If you do a search on here for it you will find others have been on it so may get their thoughts on whether it helped or not.

Personally I have never tried it but loads have.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

im on it right now. its amazing. thanks x

I think it's good it's made me realise where most of my emotional problems stem from and now I realise that I can talk about it and move on.
    Very useful I think.

We experience moments absolutely free from worry. These brief respites are called panic.

I asked my doctor to set me up for CBT, but he told me that it is not available on the NHS in my area (Bristol) as they don't have the money. It's annoying as in the next door area (Gloucestershire) CBT is available on the NHS.
    Anyhow, after he told me that he gave me the Moodgym website address and suggested that I try that instead. I haven't had a look yet but I'm happy to give anything a try.

I do CBT with a therapist on the phone. We also do EFT. She gives me homework, at first I was a bit lazy about this, but she told me I was wasting my money if I didn't do it, so I started taking it seriously and after working with her for a while I am loads better. I think you can do a lot on your own but sometimes you need someone to help. She also told me to check out her qualifications before I started with her and I did. It has shown me that there is hope, even for someone like me whose OCD has been pretty bad for a very long time good luck from winnie

Thread Information