The morning sun burning a hole through the curtains. I turn my pillow over to the cold side and lay watching the sun getting higher behind the curtains. The world waking up and starting it’s day. I hope it doesn’t leave me behind again today. I decide I need to be productive, so I drag myself towards the edge of the bed and fold myself out of the covers protecting me from the harsh world. I slowly make my way to the curtains and pull them back slowly unsure of what scary things may lay infront of my window.
After finding there is nothing but a sunny day hiding behind the curtains I fully open them and crawl back to bed to watch for a while before I get up. Today I will get up! What can be so scary about the world? How can I be so scared to even leave my bed?
I lay there for a while arguing with myself over who is going to win, the scared side of me or the brave side of me? I finally argue well enough to decide to crawl out of bed and slowly dress in the darkest clothes I can find which happen to be a Purple Strappy top and a pair of dark indigo jeans with flares at the bottom. I add my black belt to my jeans and wonder towards the door.
The door offers me one of two options. 1. Carry on with the rest of my life. Or 2. Run back to my safety zone and hide for another day getting nowhere and make myself miserable. I reach for the door knob and start twisting it. I take a deep breath step out of the bedroom door and create a big sign with my built up anxiety. I might be scared but today… I’m going to fight it! Today, I will win!