Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! I just can't cope anymore!

Help! I just can't cope anymore!

Hi again,
    I am one for worrying about nothing, but there are the odd days i think im not gonna make it. My PAs have been getting better until today, it was a night-mare, i was sat at the computer playing a game, and all of a sudden i got a shiver up my spine, and felt really sick, then i started panicking and i couldn't stop, the sickness got worse, and i was on my own in the house, i didn't know wot to do, i tried phoning my nan, but the line was busy, I panicked even more then, but the line was only busy because she was trying to ring me but i didn't know that, i felt so scared on my own, i finally got in touch with nan, and i managed to get down-stairs a was there lying on the sofa till Jessi (sister) got home, i was on the phone to nan all the time, i was starting to feel better, by the time mum got home i was fine, but when it came to eating dinner i couldn't, my heart hadn't stopped racing for about 3 hours now, i was lying on the sofa for a good 6 hours before i came up-stairs to come on here, im still abit panicky as i write, i feel sick in the stomach, i didn't wot to do!
    Has anyone been all alone while having a PA? Had no-one to turn to, had no-one to comfort you? it was so scary i didn't think i was gonna make it, im gonna go to bed now as its 11:42pm and maybe sleep will sort it out, it usually does, i wake up fine, its just the way i felt then, and the way i feel now, i just want it to go away it won't, im going on holiday on Monday i don't want my PAs to ruin it, it already causes enough trouble in my life, it could be worse, but its already getting to much for me, i am writing this trying not to cry, i'm just so sick of them, they're ruining my life, but there's no cure!
    HELP! I really need to learn to except it!

Chaz xx
    14 female

Dont let little things get you down, make the most of life

hi chaz im sorry you feel so unwell

i live on my own so yes i know how it feels to get them really bad and have no one to run to thats when you can learn to control them because you have to, next time your alone and one comes just tell yourself you had them before and they cant harm you, maybe lie down and let it go all through you. you cant fight it as that makes it much worse you just remember to keep calm and breath slowly it will soon stop and you will be ok its hard i know but you can do it just try let us know how you get on

fan x

"dont wait for the light at the end of the tunnel..........stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!

Hi Chaz

I know this isnt easy for you but you are not alone and i do know how it feels to be alone. I first started suffering when Sam was on holiday with her dad thought at 3-4 i know she couldnt have given me support. The nights were the hardest for me as my support avenues were totally out of bounds, i couldnt go for a walk for the feeling of looking mad, i could call my friends or family as a night it wasnt the done thing for me. I stuggled through nights and when i look back and dont know how i got through them as they got so bad but i did just like you will.

Having a panic attack will wear you out and you do right relaxing and trying to get some sleep. Remember you are not alone, if you need text me or call me i dont mind and remember you family are with you.

You enjoy your time off school and take time to relax. We are all here to support you, so dont ever feel alone.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Chaz See you have edited you post. You are not alone and you can cope and we will help you cope.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Hiya Chaz

I used to struggle real bad with panic attacks exactly how you describe it.
    One of my things was that they seemed to come out of the blue when I was happily playing a computer game.
    I realised that depending on what game I was playing, if it was a fast pace game I was getting more panic attacks. I think this was cos I was getting excited and worked up playing the game my body mistook my 'excitement' sympoms as panic and therefore started a panic attack.
    I LOVE my computer games but I had to start playing some that were a bit easier and less frantic until I had sorted my panic out a bit.

Does that make sense??

They were ruining my life too but there is a way out. It just takes damn hard work and practice but it is possible.

We are here to help you all the way!!!!

love Sarah
    xx

Hi Chaz

How is today going for you. Hope you are feeling a bit better.

Love Sal xx

I'm feeling ok today, but i don't wanna jinx it, i always feel better after sleep but i felt like this yesterday morning, and it got worse from there :( I hope i'll be ok today, by the way sarah what you said did make sense, lol, but the thing is it wasn't really a fast pace game, and thx sal, I might text/ring u some time, and yes i have a habbit of editting my post, Ill try not to do it anymore, lol. Some-times like now, i feel so much better just normal, but other times when it gets bad I really can't cope and i don't know what to do. When they come on they get me down so much, there's no point in crying about it, i know, but sometimes it feels like there's nothing else to do :(
    So i will learn to cope? If yes, when? what if i don't learn to cope, i know i shouldn't but i can imagine my self in 10 years time, still having them stil being scared, I need to get out of the habbit of thinking about them all the time, which brings them on, and it goes on like that forever!
    What can I do? I've tried little things to calm me down and to consentrate on but they don't seem to work!

chaz xx

Dont let little things get you down, make the most of life

hi chaz glad your feeling a bit better.try not to think " that the day might get worse just get through each day as it comes, you can learn to cope with them but the when is harder it doesnt happen over night im sure 10 years from now you will not still be where you are today you will have gotten them under control and probably not even bothering you you say you think about them all the time which brings them on so you do know what triggers them....try just not even let the thought into your head but if you start with one relax and let it finish then breath deep and carry on what you were doing............control them dont let them control you , they cant kill you so dont worry too much

fan x

"dont wait for the light at the end of the tunnel..........stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!

hi chaz,

hope things are a bit better i read your letter with tears running down my face it so reminded me of myself at your age, what you have to remember even though they are the most terrifying thing in the world they will not harm you and you have to try and stay as calm as pos taking lots of slow breaths just keep telling your self your alright calm down over and over, you will get through this try and be positive dontlet them spoil your hol,s try and keep thingking about all the lovely things that you will do when you are on holiday i know it's easy to say it when your calm but try x hope you have a lovely holiday chin up big brave smile lots love kairenx

kairen x

hi chaz

yes i used to have panic attacks while on my own they can be very frightening...if you try to learn some deep breathing exercises and relaxation this will certainly help you ...you might think that deep breathing and relaxation are not very good BUT believe me they really do help.

take care

della

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information