Thread: My experiences... Natural remedies...

1. My experiences... Natural remedies...

Hi everyone,
    Firstly just to say hello (I'm new here) and to say I hope I can be of some help. I'm also looking forward to reading some of the threads and to learn how others are fairing.

I suffer from something called seperation anxiety. This is caused when someone close to me leaves/is away from me, even for short periods of time. I've suffered this all of my life.

Last year was probably the worst anxiety I've ever experienced and I desperately needed to sort it, before it sorted me!

I looked at natural remedies, as I'm oposed to taking anti-anxiolitic drugs. After careful consideration and some trial and error, I have come up with a regime that works for me.

I must stress everyone is different, but this regime works for me and has reduced my anxiety levels by 80%, which compared to what it was, is fantastic for me. I can now run my life relatively smoothly and on top of that I am now benefiting from psychotherapy, which is also contributing to improving me.

I take all of the following products on a daily basis:

Theanine tablets/capsules (This is a natural compound found in tea)

Kava Kava capsules (There is debate over health issues of
    this product, as to whether or not
    it can cause liver damage. Hence, you
    you wont find this product in the shops,
    only on the net)

Seredyn capsules (also contains Theanine)
    (can only purchased on the net)

Celexil capsules (These contain HTP5 and St John's Wort)
    (Also only available on the net)

I should make a few points here. It takes about two weeks of continuous use to see any appeciable effect, so don't stop taking them and take them regularly (daily). Stop taking them and I've seen my anxiety return within 48 hours. So keep taking them!
    I realise of course, that this is an expensive regime, but for those of you that can afford to do it, all I can say is that it's helped me big time. I've put these products at the top of my budget, as my quality of life has improved dramatically and that's important above all else! I shoukd also say that I am a six foot male with medium frame, so smaller people to me, may find they need less dosage, so saving money.

Dosage:
    Theanine 2 tablets/capsules twice daily (morn and night)
    Kava Kava 2 capsules twice daily (morn and night)
    Seredyn 2 capsules two to three times (morn/eve/night)
    daily
    Celexil 4 capsules daily (morn)

I hope this imformation is of use to anyone reading it.
    please feel free to reply or message me...
    Ian

Re: My experiences... Natural remedies...

Hello
    I was interested to read your Natural Remedies approach.I too swear by Kava Kava, I just use it when I'm particularly stessed and two or three 500mg capsules seem to do the trick.
    Thankyou for the information
    Regards
    John
    r

I'm a big believer in natural remedies and not drugs. I have never tried Seredyn before but I do take Panicyl for my anxiety & PA's and it works excellent.

I am a believer in natural rememdies. I dont take any ssri's and i suffer with panic disorder associated with obsessive thoughts. . I wet to see an herbalist and did some tests. . VAERY EXPEnsivE!! basically the test, the visit and the herbal supplements cost ove $400.o0 BUT The herbal supplements dont give me any side effects. I tend to get the side effects with ati depressants . . halfly because that is all i can think about when i take them. . But my herbs are for my hormaonal imbalance and he says that i have a virus in my body which makes me sick a lot and he says makes me anxious. . so he doesnt see my anxiety being the cause. . he see's it as a symptom. . i dont know for sure. . i know my thinking has mostly to do with my anxiety. . but i guess if you body is not well, your mind wont be well either. . hence anxiety/depression. I still do take ativan but am weaning off it and will be off it in the next 2 weeks. . im very nervous. I'd like to find an herbal remedy that works like benzos do. any suggestions??? .

...but surely if the anxiety returns within 48 hours if you stop taking them so you have to keep taking them, means that they are just as addictive as the meds that you say you try to avoid? just a thought.

was that meant for me cathy v ?

Thread Information