Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Acupuncture for anxiety?

Re: Acupuncture for anxiety?

Hi

i hope it works for those who try, Ive been having it for the last 3 weeks, free luckly.
    I suffer severe miagrines through stress and have at least 3/4 a week, after the first night of acupuncture I went 6 days without a miagrine, 2 weeks had 1 and the 3rd week nothing.

I find the needles dont hurt, we sit for 40 mins listening to music with eyes closed. After you feel very exhausted and will probably sleep well that night.

Im sure this is working for me, my hubby said he has noticed a difference with my anxiety alraedy.

I look forward to tuesdays and thank the guys that do it free to help others, of course they are fully trained.

Ps Forgot to say they put tiny little magnics in your ear to help you the rest of the week.

Will let you know how I get on.
    Take care of you
    Smudgie

Hi Smudgie,

Im glad its working for you ! def keep us posted, I looked in to it last week it willl cost £35 for a session.

x

Oh I certainly want to have a go at this !!!!

Cheers for the feedback everyone - it really sounds interesting.

I've had acupuncture for anxiety in the past and found it really beneficial. The needles didn't hurt and I felt so relaxed after the session. I even felt I could sleep and I suffer with chronic insomnia.

Hypnosis is also good too. I had the two combined a couple of times and did sleep. It was the most relaxed I had been in years!

I hope you give it a try.

Karen x

I would certainly recommend it to anyone. I have felt calmer since i've had it done and my energy levels are great. I have even been jumping out of bed in the morning and tidying up which has not happened for ages and I don't feel physically drained all the time. I can still feel where the needles were cause it's slightly tender but it didn't hurt at all. I pay £30 per session and it's worth every penny. In my opinion it's about time the doctors had the money in their budget to refer people for this free of charge instead of writing prescriptions out. It's a shame we have to fork out for it ourselves but hey rant over!! Another thing is also when I usually wake up, every time I have thought about doing something I usually have the what if's... what if I panic... what if I don't feel well etc but since i've had the acupuncture i've not had that feeling before I do everything the thoughts are slowly fading. Not gone all together but certainly a great improvement!! If I the biggest wimp in the world when it comes to needles can do it anyone can. I'l keep you updated after session 2 on Friday.

We experience moments absolutely free from worry. These brief respites are called panic.

Hi,

I've had quite a few sessions in the past with two different practitioners. I had those things left in my ear aswell, along with some Chinese supplements wich infact turned out to be mostly Zinc. All i found Acupuncture did for me was initially give me a good relaxed fealing, which helped, but then faded a day or so after the session.

Not saying it won't work for any of you everyone is different and i realy hope it does work, but i had a realy good bash at it and thats all it did for me.

Rach how many session did they say you had to have? or is it when you want it? x

I never asked her to be honest i'll try and remember to ask her on Friday. I still feel calmer but i'm using that time wisely to do things when I feel good like going out getting active etc. I think it's got to be a combination of things that get you over the panic period. I've done it with Meds and done it without so I know it can be done. I don't think there is a miracle cure that we all want but a few things combined will help.

We experience moments absolutely free from worry. These brief respites are called panic.

Hi There

I told my gp I couldnt afford it and she found out I could have it free, it is starting to become available on the NHS but I guess its a lottery post code .

Wil let you know how I get on tomorrow night

take care of you
    Smudgie

Hi

RE my accupunture, Tuesday night.

Just before I went to accupunture I started a migraine, went to session head in my hands, feeling sick and just wanted to be home. Stress in that day had set it of by hearing some distressing news about my daughter.

Anyway, he put the needles in saying it was no miracle cure but give it a go.

I couldnt relax and to be honest I was glad to get home to my bed.
    Unfortunately they have carried on and Im still suffering.

Please dont be put off, I still believe it helps and did manage to keep my heads at bay. This week though I dont think I can count.

Will keep you posted bout next week.

Smudgie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information