Thread: eh.....I hate this sooo much !

eh.....I hate this sooo much !

I went to the doctor this morning because for a few days now I have been sick.....stuffy nose, sore throat, etc ....well while i was waiting to be called back to the room, I was freaking out inside ( worrying about everything.....how much the billl was gonna be, what was gonna be wrong, etc. ) so finally I got called back. The nurse took my vitals and my blood pressure was 144 over 88 ( that is high ) and my pulse was 1st 100.3 then she retook it and it was 99.4.....ah, come to find out I have like a sinus infection ( figured ) he gave me a shot and some antibiotics. He said my pulse and blood pressure were high but my heart sounded normal when he listened to it. So I went and got my pills filled at the drug store and came home and went to sleep. I got intrupted twice by phone called which kinda startled me.....Anyways to get to the point...I am worried about my Blood pressure and my pulse....He said my pulse should be in the 70's. I am soooo scared right now. The whole time I write this I feel my pulse to make sure it isint going crayz....to me it feels fast but I dont know....someone please help me im scared! I must be having a terrible attack. I am also wondering if it could be the shot and pills he gave me that may have sped up my heart? if there was something wrong with my heart he coulda told it by listening to my heart? or atleast he woulda hopefully been concerned if it didnt sound 100% normal.....I have an apt for an EKG in april......Im just scared ima die before then...have a heart attack....etc. Someone please help me! I really hope my blood pressure and pulse were up because I was nervous, not because of health reasons.....[V] why wont these feelings I have go away...... WHY WONT THEY GO AWAY? :(:( I FEEL LIKE giving up sometimes and just crawling up in a little ball and dying...I am 18 years old and shouldnt be feeling this way all the time........ * sigh * I will be waiting for replys.[V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V] [V][V][V]

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca

Firstly hon you wont die, you are suffering from anxiety and all your symptoms are normal for that. Having sinus problems wont make you feel any better even and through experience, i know that. I finally had an operation to have mine cleaned out but the most medication that is used for sinus infections does have a small dose of amphetamine in it. Nothing to worry about as it wouldnt be sold if it caused dangers but that could be also contributing to how you feel.

Remember you will get through this, you are not alone and we are all here to help you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

hey rebecca,
    i wish there was a way of making you believe that you're not going to die - i know it's one of the things that springs to mind when we panic but you seriously are going to be fine.
    if there was something seriously wrong with your heart, the doctor would probably have spotted it.
    have you tried any relaxation techniques to calm down your heart rate? breathing exercises or a nice herbal bath and some warm milk.
    you won't feel like this for ever - i'm sure everyone on the site will help you through.
    let us know how you're feeling,
    henri xx

hello Rebecca,

There is nothing seriously wrong with you. Being paranoid about health is a very common factor amongst anxiety sufferers. As soon as we get an idea in our head, we become paranoid about it and can't seem to get rid of it. Don't worry - it's just anxiety getting the better of you!!

Sarah

i know how you feel ive had all that but beleave me you wont die, my friend had high blood pressure and the docter gave her a oniter for 24 hours so there is a difference between nervouse pressure and something being wrong. so the fact that he didnt do anything i would try not to worry i have had ecg they give them for many reasons i had mine as i kept geting head ackes, but nothing wrong. and once you have had that done it will help you to carlm down, tryl and do a relaxation tape and you will notice the difference. but try not to worry. karen

Hey guys!

I thank you all for your comments.....I just got back from eating dinner and I have to say my heart is still beeting fast. My boyfriend sais it isint beeting as fast as I think it is....But then again I still think that it is. Ah well I guess it is something I am going to have to deal with. Blah. It really affects my life and I hate it so bad.:( Thank you again guys for all the nice comments and keep them coming!

love,

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca

Sorry you are finding things so difficult at the moment. It is normal for pulse rate and blood pressure to rise with anxiety and the fact that you are concentrating on it makes this worse.

This can be very frightening when you worry about your health but you are not going to die due to this.

Do you do any form or relaxation? A relaxation tape might help, or something like yoga is also good.

The fact that you have a sinus infection and are not feeling too well also does not help.

Hope you feel better soon.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hi Rebecca,

I have had, and still have, all of the symptoms you described. YES they are TERRIFYING but I am still here, typing this post to you. We are anxious people and more prone to noticing effects going on in our bodies and the more we think about things, the worse they get. As the others have said, try relaxations methods and also, deep breathing, but make sure you breathe from your stomach. (When you breathe in, your belly should push out and and when you breathe out, your belly should come in) I'm sure thats right, but if not, someone will tell us

Take care, you are so young and if you tackle this now, you will come through it. We are all here to help.
    Love,
    Linda.

Thread Information