Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CAN WE EVER GET TO BE FREE FROM THIS????

CAN WE EVER GET TO BE FREE FROM THIS????

Hi everyone,

As you many of you will know, I have had a couple of 'good days.' Things getting better at home, business picking up etc.. Then yesterday, while I was at work I had loads of ectopic heartbeats again. I was quite happily chatting to a customer and I felt one, for example and generally had them on and off throughout the day. What I don't understand is why!

I really am trying so hard to come to terms with the fact that I might have to put up with these forever but I seem to need constant reassurance that they are not life-threatening and not damaging my heart. I want to try to stop thinking about them and now considering, maybe hypnotherapy, but I just can't continue like this for the foreseeable future. I can sometimes get myself into such a state over them and even now, typing this, I can feel my heart beating faster.

What else can I do to help myself? I even know enough to try to help others on the forum but why doesn't the advise I give out work for me? I don't want this to start overtaking my life again, especially as things seem to be looking up. Please help you can.........

Linda.x

Hi Linda

Sorry you arent feeling too good after a few day, but you know the good days will come again and as your life does start to get better so will you hon. It takes times but you will get there.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

hello Linda,

The ectopic heartbeats will NOT hurt you!! We are all worried about some health-related issue whether it be heartbeats, chest pain, headaches, etc so don't worry as you are not alone. Don't be hard on yourself!! All you can do is try to relax and tell yourself that it can't and won't hurt you..

Sarah

hi linda

know exactly what you are going through, i had a couple of goodish days and then wham bam feel like im back to square one

cant seem to break the cycle of panic even with my meds

maybe you are subconciosly a bit tense about visiting corys grave, and that is what is causing them again

i find it alot easier to give advice, but like you cant seem to put it into practice when it comes to myself

take care and know there are other people who feel like you.
    Jane

Hi Linda, sorry you had a bad day yesterday when you seemed to be doing so well. i know how annoying and worrying these ectopic heartbeats are so you are not alone, i get them even when I think I am having a good day and feel relatively relaxed so the question is WHY? Maybe our hearts have just become so over-sensitised to the slightest stimulus whetther good ot bad.

You can PM or email me anytime, don't let these things ruin your life. Maybe you could go back to your Gp as I am sure there must be some medication for them, only a suggestion, don't know what else to suggest.

Take care
    Love Lisaxxx

hi Linda. Its so true we are good at giving out advice but seem not to be able to help ourself when we get bad days. I have bad health anxietys just like you and I was feeling realy good for a couple of weeks then bang while out with wife feeling quite good i sudenly got real dizzy(I hate the dizzy feeling) This dizzyness stayed with me all day then and even laying down or sitting didnt help. then another day I will get a chest pain, breathless or find a lump i havnt noticed before and I am off full of anxiety againlol, I have had so many check upps and had this on and off for so many years it has to be anxiety or i would have been dead years ago LOL. but us with health anxiety think.....Well maybe it was anxiety last time but what if it isnt this time? take care I know its hard. Vernon

hi linda

i do know how you feel after suffering years of panic i could talk anyone out of a panic attack apart from myself lol.

i have learnt to make the best of the good days i have and not to beat myself up when i am going through a bad patch

take care helen

good advice neil. long time no see

sorry neil are you new here? didnt look at that part. Welcome to the forum

Hi everyone,
    Been busy for last couple of days. Hope you all had good Easter!!! I've just realised I messed up my TOPIC, never mind, I think I was rushing.

Thanks for all the replies. I'm still not rid of ectopics. I woke up this morning, stretched - as you do - while still in bed and had some them....is that normal. I felt the familiar fluttering, so checked my pulse and confirmed they were 'missing.' Yesterday I don't think was too bad, but Saturday I had loads. I was putting up some hooks in my shop (they had to be screwed into the wall quite high up, so I was up ladders and had to stretch) and for about the first hour I had them for every few beats. It was horrible and I got really scared, but as usual I didn't stop, I just carried on. I understand that they didn't kill me, cuz I'm still here[:X] but did they do any damage to my heart. THEY MAIN QUESTION I NEED ANSWERING IS - IS IT OK TO HAVE THEM NEARLY EVERY DAY?

Changing the subject, update on mother in law situation, to all of those who know whats going on! My husband asked her on Saturday if she could help out over the holidays with the children. She said she would text him to let him know. Nothing by last night, so he texted her and asked if she had managed to see if she could help and she eventually replied with: "PLEASE TRY TO FIND SOMEONE ELSE. I'M SORRY." I feel so sorry for my husband as he just couldn't believe it. I suggested he should ring her and talk things through with her, but he wouldn't and eventually he texted her back and said "I don't know anyone else I can trust with my kids. I know where me and the kids stand now." And guess what, the horrible woman still didn't pick up the phone to talk to her son. I am really angry with her at the moment because she doesn't realise what she is doing to him. It's like all the things that have happened over the 11years we have been together, with her, have finally sung in with him and he can see what she's been like. He's had to go to work this morning, and when he woke up and I asked how he was, he said he hates the life he's given me and the kids because I haven't got any of my own family and his family aren't around us. (He has lots of lovely aunts and uncles who we do see, but they live in different places around the country and obviously have their own family. He means his mom and brother, I think) I'm in a dilemma now, because I am either going to have to take the kids to work with me, or put them in the Out of School club, where they don't want to go. And they are going to ask why they can't go to their nans.

Sorry for YET ANOTHER long post. I'm surprised you can be bothered to read any of mine anymore, they must bore you silly. Please can someone try to answer my question about ectopics, though!!

Take care,
    Linda.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information