Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CAN WE EVER GET TO BE FREE FROM THIS????

Hi Linda, i have just sent you a PM but that is before I read this post. I too have them when I stretch - I thought I might be the only one!! and felt a bit stupid for mentioning that in my PM LOL!!! I also forgot to mention that I can get them if I am lifting anything heavy.

I just can't believe how selfish your mother-in-law is being, it must be so hard for you and your husband not having any support. the least she could have done is told you on the phone instead of texting, that is just awful. If I lived near you I would have the Kids for you!! It makes me realise that I am lucky to have my family around to help even if I do moan about them sometimes!! I really to feel for you hon and wish there was something I could do to help.
    Don't be silly either, your posts do not bore anyone I am sure in fact I like reading them.
    Take care and I am here if you need me.
    Love Lisaxx

Hi Linda

I don't want to sound flippant but did the doctor give you any info on the ectopics or have you researched it on then net. I can look around for you if you like.

I don't really know much about them so don't feel as though I can offer much support or advice.

Sorry to hear about mum-in-law AGAIN, what is she like eh? I hope it all gets sorted soon.

Thinking of you.

Nicola

Hi Lisa and Nicola,
    Thanks for your words of encouragement. Nicola, I have spoken to the nurse at the docs about my ectopics and also rung a Heart Help line last week when I got really scared (again!!!!!!) and everyone tells me the same thing, that they are anxiety related and will not harm me. I just worry cuz I get them so often. Please feel free to research them more if you want, I have given up looking them up on the internet because they say that they are common but could be a sign of an underlying or existing heart problem, or something like that, so I don't tend to look it up anymore. The thing is, I don't have any other symptoms, no pain no dizziness etc.. and today went up two quite steep hills while I was out with my friend in Telford and our kids and guess what, didn't have any then!! I am so grateful for your ongoing support though.

Lisa, I just might take you up on your offer and you, Angie if your reading this anytime!!!!!! It does make you appreciate what you've got, though, but I'm sure we'll cope, we never really asked her for any help before, we always managed and now we need her she doesn't want to know. Hopefully, soon, we'll be able to move to Telford and things will be much better.
    I smiled when I read you get ectopics when you stretch and thought it was only you. I wish I could have been so open about all my feelings about my emotions, like I am about the stupid ectopics!!!!!

Me and the kids have had a lovely afternoon and right now I feel quite calm and relaxed, so I'm off to have a glass of wine, I'll have one for you as well.

Speak to you both soon. Got to get off this now, I sneaked off to make the kids their bedtime drink 30mins ago!!!

Take care,
    Love, Linda.xxx

You sound to be coping well regardless of the pressure. Your mother in law sounds like she wont give though, but you remember you can cope without her like you have before. Just remind your hubby how well he is doing and how this should carry on. You deserve his support and you know you have all of us here to help you hon.

Take care.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Thanks Sal, and you're right, she won't give in. At the end of the day, though it is her loss.

I am coping, but these couple of days have been easier as I'm off until Wednesday and thats when the fun will start again!!!

Take care,
    Love, Linda.x

You remember that aswell as the children you count. You will cope with or without her help and as you say it is her loss. A woman that cant take on her grandchildren in my eyes is someone that isnt worth getting upset about. You deserve better than her and maybe you can find that in a childminder. Your children are what counts to you and if she cant see that well she doesnt deserve to appreciate 2 great gandchildren.

You do what is best for you and the children and let her worry about what she could lose.

Sorry if harsh but nothing can replace or repay a childs love and she need to realise that.

You take care and be happy.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

You're so right Sal, and I realised that years ago, about her. It's just my husband I feel for now, because shes his mom and I feel bad that the children haven't really got what I call a 'proper' nan, which is what my mom would have been. I sometimes feel like putting a sign up in my shop - "GRAN WANTED. WILLING TO ADOPT" I see so many lovely ladies every day, who idolise their grandchildren and just feel mine have really missed out. Our kids are well brought up and not rude or cheeky so why does she resent helping.....I have been through so much, and at one time she even said to my husband that I had got too much baggage, i.e. I had lost too many close members of my family and then my baby, that is when I knew for definate, I could do without her.

The childrens school have an OUt of School club, so they are going to have to go to that, or come to work with me. My friend in Telford, is brilliant, and would have them all the time if we were closer, she is more than family to me. Like you said, we will cope somehow and I will stay happy because I am happy I have got my two wonderful children.

Off to bed now, not usually up this late, but visited chat room for first time and got hooked.
    Take care, Sal, goodnight.x

Linda

The bit I was interested in finding out for you was about "is it ok to have them every day", and I wondered if the doc gave you any indication of whether this was ok or not. If it is just anxiety then it is an annoying symptom isn't it?

I am sure Meg will offer her advice when she gets back from holiday this week.

Hope you are doing ok today?

Nicola

Thanks Nicola. The doctor just doesn't seem bothered by them at all and I know from talking to Lisa and Tracy, on here that they get them, or used to get them similar to me, but they are still scary. I would be very interested in what Meg has to say about it though. I have had some today, and also had that scared feeling while I was out (went to town with the kids) but I can ignore that and carry on and it passes without me realising it. I think because I have suffered with anxiety for so long I must be at least able to cope with that part now. My worst thing is the ectopics. I have also bought a relaxation CD (at last) today called Complete Relaxation, by Glenn Harrold MBSCH Dip C.H which seems to be based on Hypnotherapy. Must admit I am scared of using it, in case I fall asleep and can't 'get back' from hypnotised state! Anybody else heard of it?

My husband is going to his moms when he finishes work, so it will be interesting to see what happens there......
    Take care, Linda.x

Hi Linda
    Just found this, might be of some help.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Abnormal heart rhythm i.e. Tachycardia
    Occasionally, electrical signals arise in areas of the heart away from the normal pacemaker (sino-atrial node). This may be in the atria (atrial ectopic beats or atrial fibrillation), atrioventricular node (AV nodal tachycardia) or ventricles (ventricular ectopic beats of ventricular tachycardia). They produce a heartbeat which comes earlier than expected that is called an ectopic beat. This alone is not dangerous and the effect on the heart is minimal.

Alternatively, a fast heartbeat that is persistent is called tachycardia. This is usually caused by abnormal activation of the heart in what is called a 're-entrant circuit'. If the heart rate is increased to 150-200 beats per minute, the heart tends not to work as effectively and the patient may feel unwell. The experience of palpitations in this form can often be frightening to the individual concerned.

</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Tracy
    xx

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information