Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My throat, such a terrible day :(

My throat, such a terrible day :(

Just when you think you're doing well, out of nowhere it comes right on out stomping all over you :(.

I have had pangs of anxiety all day which eventually turned into a full on panic attack which lasted for near on 3 hours. Will I ever get through this? Sadly I've taken a 2mg valium pill when I really want to cope with this without pills. How can I try and change my mind set into feeling that my fear isn't the end of the world?

All I want to do in a full panic attack is wretch and it petrifies me, I use all my throat and mouth muscles with all my might to hold one back and I still feel really scared about what I've just been through :(.

Why is such a daft fear ruling my life and what if I can never return to work?! I daren't leave the house incase I wretch especially when cold as I was out in the cold with a tense throat when this initial panic attack hit (after a few months of pressure at work) and made me feel like wretching. *sigh*

Sorry to rant, I just need to release.... I'm so dissapointed after a pretty good few days. Is this square one again, thinking about every swallow and how uncomfortable my throat feels?

Regards,

Mark.

hello Mark,

Don't be disappointed with yourself for having a bad day. This happens to all of us. The important thing is that you don't let yourself go backwards but that you continue tomorrow where you left off before the horrors of today. The valium is there to help you during bad times so don't worry abour having needed it. We all need a little bit of help sometime whether it be in form of medication, counselling, etc. Hope you feel better tomorrow!!

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for you support. I'm feeling a bit calmer and rational again. They don't have get you don't they! I guess it could also be my brain chemistry changing as I'm on my 5th day off anti depressants too. Another positive is that I've had a letter through with regard to CBT psychotherapy, I have to ring to book an appointment next week so fingers crossed with that too!

Mark [8D]

MJH,

sorry to hear youve had a bad day......buts lets just look at this like a blip....as thats what it is....and youve been doing so well coming off the meds.....you should be proud of yourself.....well done.

you may have another blip....you may not...but if you do then it wont kill you...you know that and they will get less and less and less.....

dont be down about the valium...probably millions throughtout the world took a valium today....no worries there......if it helped then great.......they will be a time my friend when you will wont need them but be patient.

take care

doddy

Mark

Sorry you have had a bad day, dont feel guilty for taking 2mg of diazepam, sometimes we need that extra support and it shows no signs of failing at all.

Try not to worry about work, i know that is easier said than done but the more you worry the bigger an issue it is going to be.

We all have bad days and remember you have had a few good ones and they will come round as fast as they left you.

Take care.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Mark don't beat yourself up..you have diazepam I normally reach for the wine or cherry brandy.

Try and sit down and relax. I know it's easy to say and hard to do in a middle of a major panic but it is do able.
    You sound more positive today. Keep it up.

Take care

with good wishes

Zena

doddy, sal, zena... what lovely people. Thank you so much for your encouraging words. It's amazing how much better I feel now compared to earlier. Reading your words really does hit home, I should print them out incase of another attack just so it doesn't feel so intense and lonely at the time!

Many thanks once again...

Mark

Mark
    You dont need to print them out just look back on the posts and if you feel like that again come back on the site as we are all here to help and support you.

So pleased we could help you and you have felt better reading our replies.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

mjh,

whenever you need me you just call my friend, sometimes all thats needed is someone to help put these things into perspective and give some reassurance, its just worry my friend, silly worry that gets out of hand........

hope u r feeling a little better now.

take care

doddy

hi mark

sorry you had a bad time of it,

however try to gain strength from this as each time you cope you have taken away the hold of each panic attack.....it is very rare that people are actully sick with panic...believe me i know what a hold panic CAN have...have you ever tried any deep breathing exercises to reduce your anxiety.

take care dalla

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information