Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is anyone else like this...?

Isn't that cos you were sub-conciously thinking about it though. Maybe cos it has happened so many times before you are bringing the panic on a bit?

What is in the laxatives - perhaps you could be sensitive to some ingredients.

Nicola

It's not just laxatives, I tried eating plums every day and when it started making my stomach work it made my panic and everything come back, too.

Could it be that you are allergic to something?

By the way, I tried an enema to get things running...twice...no effect.

The fact that no one seems to have answers - I've told doctors about this and they don't believe me - gives me a feeling of desperation, I really don't know what to do.

hello there, thank god u put ur message up. i had sever constipation for over 2 months now and then gave myself piles lol. have been taking laxatives for the last two weeks and do u know what......ive statred getting panic attacks again and feel completely miserable evn though im on effexor. i ahvent felt like this scince i statred takint hem 5 months ago and i am absoloutly sure that it is to do with the constipation . all the time i was constipated i ahve felt fine but now that i am taking laxatrives and trying to eat more healthily i feel bad agin. whether this is in my mind or there is a physical explantion foir it i dont know. why cant there be an explanation for it though. why is everyone so quick to say its in our minds. if the laxatives are enough to change somethign in our bodies to make our bodies act differently then why isnt it plausable that the small effect is enough to cancel out part of the medication??

beth xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information