Thread: Shaking inside/butterflys in stomach PLEASE HELP

Unhappy Shaking inside/butterflys in stomach PLEASE HELP

Hi.
    I suffer from Anxiety/panic/some depression. I am currantly on 40mg Seroxat and have been for 4 months now. However, im still suffering even on my better days from shaking inside/butterflys in my stomach/what feels like coldness running through me!!! I wake up like this (before ive even opened my eyes) and it mostly carrys on all day, sometimes leaving me for a while but always returns.
    I worry that it is ultimately going to turn into a panic attack which it does at times, and im so frustrated my meds dont seem to have 'cured me' as they did 8 years ago when i suffered before. Some days i have the strength to carry on but on others i feel so desperate i cry all day and cant cope with anything.
    i feel like im trapped and want to break free of this prision i feel im in. I have a great family and loads of support but unless someone has experienced this i dont think they can 'really' understand, thats why im turning to you guys, does nayone else suffer like this? At times i dread the next min, next hour next day, how can i stop this, how can i be free? PLEASE HELP! x x x

Re: Shaking inside/butterflys in stomach PLEASE HELP

hi popsy, yes i have felt like this - last year and to some extent i still do, im having a bad day today too. but i know that yours is probably different because yor 'in it' so to speak with very little let up in intensity, plus being on meds and thinking they arent working is upsetting too - theyre supposed to help arent they? anyway the only thing i can say and i dont know how much of a help this will be is to read, read and read some more about wha tis happening to you! i have found that the more ive learnt over the years the better ive been able to handle myself -firstly the way you are feeling is just way too much adrenaline in your body form your fear of how you feel and how bad you could feel, also this depresses you which makes you feel unable to cope and makes you feel wretched and teary - really horrible i know! so wha tto do? well apart form understanding the process, you can start to relax a few times a day if you are at home? conciously make time for relaxation, to give your body a chance to start getting itself back into balance, next you have to 'act as if' - act as if you beleive you are going to be okay act as if you can cope with a panic! you amy not beeive it at first but your brain doesnt know the difference it only responds to what you tell it not to what you believe - so you can really con your brain into starting to get better by acting like your not worried - this is really hard to do, because obviously you are really worried about how long this is going to go on for? you dont hink kit will end, but everyone whose been there knows it will so its jsut a matter of telling yourself your no different and it will go, but you cant wait for it to go you have to carry on regardless - which is very painful, i know butthe only way. keep busy, remind yourself of good times, keep perspective by reminding yourself that although hard and uncomfortable this is no tragedy, do some exercise, do the relaxation, try to get involved with other things to take the focus off yourself - these are all things you can do to help yourself - they dont work immediately this is where the 'acting as if' happens, but then with time - a few weeks maybe you see the constant anxiety does come down the less you frighten yourself by acting as though your not frightened i dont know how much this will help because i got all these tips from a book and im not able to write you a book, but this is the idea anyway, also read claire weekes material, and maybe go to NOPANIC and ge thier 12 week recovery programme, also maybe lookkinto having some cbt if you havent already? take care popsy, emma

Thank you so much Emma for taking the time to reply to my message, that all helps LOADS and i really will try your suggestions. The kindness of strangers on this site is touching me so much, i will keep your message to re-read when im feeling like i cant cope.... thank you x

I'll go and look at the 12 week recovery programme now x

so glad i and others can help you - we want you to know when your low that you can and do recover, and that there is loads of help - if you know where to look, and that self-help is sometimes the best help and that this is only a passing phase, and the good times can and do come round again take care, emma

I've felt like this when my panic attacks were at their worst. It's a terrible feeling but thankfully I found this forum and realised I wasn't alone. I'm getting better slowly but still have the odd panic some days, especially when I first get up. Mornings can be awful. Come and chat to us on here whenever you're feeling frightened and depressed and I'm sure plenty of people will be able to help you.

love
    Sue

Mornings are the worst arent thay? I've just started (3 weeks) taking 30mg of seroxat again, kinda working but not quite there yet.
    I took it 7 yrs ago for the same reason and I was thinking back and I'm sure it took a good 6 months for the panics to fully subside. Maybe you just need a bit more time. One thing thats really helping me at the moment is walking. As soon as I feel the adrenalin starting, I'm out the door before it can get a grip ........ hope you start to feel better soon - hang in there

Hi Popsy

This site is absolutely brilliant and I am sure with the help and support from all the forums etc you will find the strength to get through it. If this site had been here when I first started with my panics I am sure I would have been cured within months. I find knowing the sheer amount of people who have anxiety helps in itself. There are people out there who know how you feel.

Several years back I started with panic attacks and very bad anxiety so bad I took time of work because that is what the doctors advised and you take notice of them dont you. I have to say that I am not sure whether that was right for me because all I had at home was time to dwell on how I felt and was I going to get better as I had never really experienced anxiety before and nobody could tell me anything about it. When I went back to work the support was brilliant and I found that having something else to direct my mind on stopped the anxiety I found that the minutes when I didnt feel anxiety where getting longer and the day I didnt feel anxiety or have a panic attack all day was so fabulous I nearly cried with happiness! I have to say that after conquering my anxiety I promised myself that I wouldnt let it happen to me but I have found it creeping back to me, hence me logging on to this site. I know I am going to conquer it again because I believe panic and anxiety once conquered makes you a much stronger person. Keep going, you will get there.
    Hayley

Thread Information