Thread: Checking in all, with a question and confusion.

Post Checking in all, with a question and confusion.

I'm on Day 7 of no booze, Day 17 Lamictal, Day 11 Risperdal... *those are medications, and that Lamictal I'm on is 100mg since I'm no longer withdrawling from it and Risperdal is at 0.5mg* anyway... how are you all? I don't know if I'm mentally ill, but my OCD can really really be charged up sometimes.

Whether it has to do with dog hair, trouble in life, or issues... lately it has been that well known art of TIME... example..

Say I got off booze on a certain date on Day 0, but that doesn't count as a day because it was my hangover day and I had had a drink in that morning time of that day... then on every Midnight *this is how it works for me* this is a new day, example, day 1, then 2,3,4,5,6 finally this morning at Midnight I hit Day 7... some people say that's a whole week, but is it? Technically right now it's like 16 hours and 22 minutes until it's actually 7 whole days, and ...etc... so you see it's an OCD thing perhaps?

Some input would be nice... if you have time of course, I mean ... jeez doesn't it sound insane? I feel like if I don't know the exact time/dates of everything I won't be able to survive in life.

Re: Checking in all, with a question and confusion.

Hi Paulos!

I used to take Lamictal and Risperdol. I did really well on the lamictal but the risperdol really messed me up and I had to get off of that! I have OCD as well and it's a pain in the but! I would say your on day 7. Is that what you were asking? I hope you feel better soon!

Hugs
    Anxious

Just a quick note it took the lamictal about 2 months before I noticed a difference in how I was feeling

Anxious is a perfect name for what I am... I've been taking Lamictal since December but I went off it in like 25 mg a few times which caused withdrawal so I didn't stay on it long enough to notice enough, plus with my past binge drinking for 2.10 years it messed me up.

I was on 300mg of lamictal. I couldn't even tell if I was on it if I wasn't on at least 300mg. Give it time and you will see that it eventually gets into your system and hopefully works! HUGS

I'm on 100mg of Lamictal for anxiety/ocd/depression...

I know its really ahr dbut try to focus you have been off the booze for days - thats brilliant, how long doesn't matter its the fact you a re off it and staying off it that counts.

If you really must decide its 7 days or whatever but whichever measurement you decide just pick one and stay with it. Measure the achievement (NO BOOZE! BIG BIG ACHIEVEMENT) and not the time.

Keep up the good efforts

Ok...

Thread Information