Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can the police force me to have my dog put down???

Re: Can the police force me to have my dog put down???

Hi

ABSOLUTELY NOT

Please dont worry there is no way your dog is in trouble

My mate is a copper and have checked

Attack(if you can call it that) was entirely prevoked

You should see my lab go if he sees a stranger lol

Sleep easy

Kaz x x x

your dog will not be put down if you got probs come in chat i help you
    i had trouble over dogs myself

Hi Diane

What fab news from Kazzie eh .... heard it from the horses mouth type thing . Brilliant news . Its the cretins that were in the bushes that shud be put down if yah ask me . How scary for u , well done u .

love to the woof woof lol
    Hope xx

Thank you so much everyone for your kind response
    I had a terrible night last night, I was stessing so much the anxiety went off the scale, this increased my abdo pain and I started vomiting. 10pm my son had to come and drive me to the emergency docs as my hubby was to ill to drive. I have been put back on temgesic sublingual for the pain. My son was so angry to see me in such a state that he phoned the police to try to find out what was happening.

The officer that he spoke to said he couldn't comment on the case as it was ongoing and that each case is dealt with according to its merit. It will be up to the investigating officer to decide the outcome but we would be kept fully informed. He explained to my son that the incident comes under the dangerous dog act and it doesn't mean 'three strikes and you are out'. A dog can be destroyed for biting someone once and the only advice would be for me to think about putting a muzzle on Tia given the circumstances. He also pointed out that it wasn't helpful for people to lose tempers in this situation as it makes them look 'the aggressor'. I was upset with my older sisters sarcasm and knew she had annoyed them with her attitude even though I could understand it.

This morning we recieved a call from the police to tell us they are still investigating the 'incident' and they would tell us the outcome as soon as possible. I thanked him and told him I would muzzle Tia when she is out for a walk. He told me he thought this was a responsible thing to do.

I phoned our vet to ask her advice about muzzles, I explained what had happened and said I didn't want to muzzle Tia as she has never been muzzled in her life before and given her age I didn't want to stress her. She has known Tia since she has been a puppy. She said it would show that we are being resposible even though Tia was only protecting me and no way was she in any way a vicious or threatening dog. She advised me to use a soft muzzle and to get her used to it in the house first before taking her out, that it wouldn't harm or hurt her but she would have to get used to it. My daughter bought one this afternoon and we put it on her. The poor thing hates it, it was so distressing for her and me that I took it off.

She didn't go out for her walk last night and at the moment I have told my son not to come down to walk her tonight. I don't want her going out and I certainly don't feel like going out either. I feel so down at the moment, I keep thinking maybe if I hadn't screamed Tia wouldn't have reacted the way she did and none of this would've happened. I just hope Kazzie is right and nothing will happen to Tia, I can't understand why it is taking so long and what on earth they have to investigate. Will keep you all posted, sorry for the long post.

Hugs to you all

Diane

I didn't sleep last night as me and hubby were too upset. This morning we had a phone call from the police

Hi Diane

If a dog is deemed a danger it is removed and kennelled by police straight away to await the outcome......not left at home as Tia has been!!!

Please try not to worry

Kaz x x x

My hubby woke me to tell me that there is going to be NO action taken against us. I am sooo relieved I can't tell you. I should've listened to you Kazzie as it would've saved me a lot of worry. I do not intend to go anywhere near those bloody fields again. I don't feel like going out anywhere at the moment so I am going to stay in with Tia and slowly get her used to wearing her muzzle that way I'll know for certain that nothing can happen to her when we do go out. The thoughts of losing her just terrifies the living daylights out of me. I must admit I do feel angry at the moment, I feel angry aoubout those stupid blokes, angry with my sister as it was her idea to go there in the first place, angry with myself for being pathetic and screaming and angry with the police for it dragging on so long.

I am quiet new to computers and know there is a way to scan photos into them but don't know how to yet. When I have worked it out I will post a photo of Tia so you can see how lovely she is Kazzie.

Hugs to you all

Diane

'Your imagination is always much worse than the reality'

Thats FANTASTIC news Diane!!
    And you arent in the least pathetic - who wouldnt scream at a drunken yob lunging out of the bushes?!!

Hope you can find some peace now that you know your dog is safe.

Take care

Brilliant news Diane!!! .

xxxxxxxxxxx

Nice One Diane

I wont say I told ya so lol

Ohhhh and would love to see a piccie

Luv Kaz x x x

Talking Re: Can the police force me to have my dog put down???

Hi Diane

Fantastic news about your doggy
    Shame it took so long for u to find out . It's a horrible time you have had . I am so pleased she is gonna be okay . Please never feel daft for not being a big old toughie type of person , cos they r often big old teddy bears deep down too .

best wishes
    Hope xx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information