Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bathroom obsessive

bathroom obsessive

ok highly embarrasing for me but i guess i am looking for others with my same problem ......when i leave my house to go anywhere i manifest the feelings of having to use the bathroom and we are not talking #1 here .......soon as i get to a place i will scope out where the bathroom is just in case ....i have been on several medications none seem to help really ....its getting to the point where i dont leave my house that often and forget about dating i mean can you imagine the embarasment that could cause ......looking for help and others who can realate

hi i think lots of us on here will share what your going through . when im going out i get all worked up about what if i need the loo and cant find one then i end up going lots of times before i set off just in case i cant find one when i actually dont need to go at all its just the awful thought of being stuck somewhere with the need to go

i never do actually need to go once i do get out but that doesnt stop me obsessing beforehand

fan x

"dont wait for the light at the end of the tunnel..........stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!

hello,

I always need to know where the bathroom is as well even though I hardly ever need to use it..I guess it's because we just need to feel 'safe'..

Sarah

Bathroom problems is my latest symptom and one I am currently finding it impossible to get over. I was coping with my anxiety and getting out and about with experiments, etc but then I developed a problem with needing the loo after just going and having a weak bladder sensation in public places that has stopped me in my tracks again.

it is the most humiliating feeling I have experienced with anxiety.

thanks so much for the reply's ......its good to know that i am not alone

hi paul sorry your suffering with this but your not alone lots of us have it its just hard to get yourself convinced your not gonna have any mishaps, i have to try go about 20 times before i go anywhere and though i never actually do need the loo when im out it doesnt help next time

fan x

"dont wait for the light at the end of the tunnel..........stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!

Thanks Fan. I know, it's a fairly new symptom I've only had it really bad since October 2004, after I travelled to Glasgow all by myself - from East Sussex to try and push me forward (I was staying at an internet mate's house and going to a gig), sadly though it was too big a step for me and I was anxious pretty much the whole of the 4 days (except when I was a bit drunk, of course!)... what made things worse was that he didn't know so I had to keep it altoghether in front of him and others.

Anyway, I can sometimes control it with positive thoughts and I have made it into my home town centre again a few times this year but it just frustrates the hell out of me because I was making progress before.

i know what you mean about getting frustrated when you have made progress then something else pops up and knocks you over but you can get past it just everything talkes time hang in there you will get past it

fan x

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">ok well my problem is pretty embarrassin aswell! And it's a bit like urs except that whenever I go away from home, even if it's a friend's house, on holiday or even at school I can't go.. My mum said that it's phycological and that I am mentally stopping myself from going and as soon as I get home I can go- sorry bout this but I just wanted to know if anyone else suffers from this. I never feel comfortable away from home so maybe that's it? And even if I do, it takes me days to be able to go. HELP! [Ugh] :( [Sigh...] xx

<div align="right">Originally posted by xs0dap0px - 29 March 2005 : 03:23:07</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    HELEN! xx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information