Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: not coping

Re: not coping

i feel a little better now, less anxious than i did. maybe it was something to do with thumping the pillows.

Thumping pillows is a great therapy because it helps to relieve anger, tension and frustration without causing any harm. It's good exercise too so it eases anxiety symptoms because it helps us to forget them so we don't feel so ill because we're not dwelling on them.

Being under too much stress both at home and at work is a dangerous combination because you're not having any relaxation time. This can lead to burn out and your anxiety could take control of your life.

What you've been experiencing is a warning to say you're close to your limit so be very careful how much more stress you allow on your shoulders.

I'm only saying this because of my own experiences when overload made me very ill.

If you can't ease your stresses in your admirable job then try to find ways to ease pressures at home. Ask your partner to help you out for a while with chores so you have time to chill out and "relax" and don't be afraid to ask them!

Also as the others have suggested, take up a hobby you enjoy. It'll help you to switch off from your stresses so keep worries under control.

You'll be fine just as long as you take heed of the warning signs that you're under too much stress.

hi and thanks again for ur replies, i am feeling a little more positive today, had a meeting with boss and was able to tell her how im feeling. she was more supportive than i thought she could ever be. i went for a walk yesterday and although i was shattered i did feel proud of myself and what id achieved.
    loz
    xx

u go girl welldone, you should be proud of yourself,
    with the walking you will be knackered for a while until body gets used to it but keep it up in a few weeks you will feel like a new person, i am so pleased. you boss seems very nice too

Hi

Just sending you a bunch of flowers

Keep posting and talk it out
    Here for you
    Smudgie

Hi Lozzer48

You have just described exactly how i feel to a 'T'.

I have been like this for over a week now, i did try and cut down on my meds and that could be the cause.

My way of dealing with this is to remember that i have been through it before and that i did get through it. This does not make anyting easier and like you i have a lot of stress at work, i have a furniture shop and have to go about my daily duties feeling like this.

But you know something Lozzer we are going to get through it, we have not got this far to let something like this drag us down.

so lets promise each other that together we are going to beat this ok.

To a better day tomorrow.

pompey x

I know this wont help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information