Thread: Just had a big panic attack

Unhappy Just had a big panic attack

I get mild ones nearly every nite their always at night time and not during the day, but ive just had a really big one and my stomach still feels awful from it. Does anyone else have the chest pains just before hand and go really cold and feel "out of it". I just probably need reassurance because im convinced theres sumthin wrong with me heart and i know their isnt

Re: Just had a big panic attack

I always had chest pains from panic attacks. Sometimes I wouldn't have a panic attack but the pains still stuck around because I always had the fear of having another one so I couldn't keep it off my mind. I seem to get the panic attacks way worse at night just before bed. Occupy your mind, don't let your thoughts get the best of you. Take a walk, watch a funny movie, talk to someone, read a book. You aren't alone

Hi Sonya
    Chest pains are very normal with panic attacks.I"ve had them where I thought my heart was going to explode it was racing that much.My doctor said I had a stong heart,the nurses said my heart was fine but I took a lot of convincing that these pains were part of my panic disorder,and they are part of it.I still get them but I now know that it is part of my panic disorder.I wish you well,and Cynical is correct,distraction is the key,if you ever need to talk there is always someone about on the forum to discuss things with.

Best wishes

Orion

thanks for your replies ive calmed down loads now i still feel a bit edgy but im ok. I keep telling myself after the attacks that theres nuthin wrong with me and im still here alive and whinging but it doesnt seem to sink in, hopefully it will do over time.

Hi Sonya

I always think theres something wrong with my heart to. Even though i get the same pain, i still convince myself its something serious.

Hope u feel better soon

love mandiex

Thread Information