Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can I let off steam

can I let off steam

Hi Everyone
    Hi can I ssssccccccrrrrreeeeeaaaaammmmm ( thats better)
    Apart from my husband playing mind games with me. I am losing my faith in people again.
    So far this week I've had a row with 2 old women, I have a disabled blue badge I have arthritis in my knees along with pain in my hip, as well as that my asthma leaves me getting out of breath alot even on a short walk, plus due to diabetic problems with my feet I have lose of feeling, If I go on even a short walk I need to use a stick. On this day I parked the car on the hight street, these two old girls kept looking at me. I always get people saying these bays are for blue badge. Each time I have to tell them I have one and that you dont have to be old to have problems.
    Then on monday when we went to the Paul O'grady show while in the queue, the woman behind was moaning, then said she was going to bring a stick next time so she can get a good seat and that I didnt look like someone with a disability.
    Thankfully I am controlling my temper other wise I was going to stick my stick where the sun dont shine. Why are people horrible to us fairly young ones lol who have problems.
    I now feel that I shouldn't use my badge or my stick to help me, my doc even said that I can't have a new knee till Im at least 60 as yes Im too YOUNG.
    Sorry bout ranting but it just upsets me.
    hope everyone is ok
    take care
    susie

why not take a peek at some of my pic and leave me feed back on my web?

Re: can I let off steam

Hi,

I know exactly how you feel. My first husband was disabled after having his leg amputated due to complications with his diabetes. He used to hate the way that people looked down at him when he was in his wheelchair..as though he was nothing.

One time that really sticks in my mind was when I took him to ASDA, and he had forgotten to put his diabled sticker in my car, but because he only had one leg, and the wheelchair was in my car, I parked in a disabled bay and went into the shop. When I came out, I had a ticket on my car. Andy said to me dont worry Kaz, lets find the parkng attendant and we will get it sorted out.

We eventually found him, and he said sorry rules are rules you dont have a sticker to the fine stands..to which Andy replied ' look at me mate...look down below my waist, can you see anything missing' The attendant looked and said ' you have one leg sir' to which Andy replied 'Yep and and guess what?? It aint ever gonna go grow back'

The poor attendant didnt know where to look, but he did take the ticket back.

Try not to let them get at you hun...I know its hard, but some people are just so small bloody minded.

Kaz

hmmmmm, well to be honest..

"Ball's to them all !!!, that's what I say"

And if they don't like it,.. then they know whats coming........

I'd blinking stick my stick where the sun don't shine !!

Try and forget what others seem to think, at the end of the day you're a genuine person. So whatever they think, doesn't matter !

Take it easy Susie,.. try not to worry xx
    Last edited by Oceanblue; 23-04-08 at 00:05.

thankyou Kaz and Katie
    I try not to worry but it does make me mad. Plus everytime I go to the supermarkets and try and park in there bays, most of them are taken up by drivers who have no badge and when you say something to them they swear at you. Seems I try and get my trust and faith back in people only for something to happen to knock it back again.
    hugs to you all xxx

Hi Susie,

I can understand where you're coming from, only THESE people are the 'type' of people we really don't want to know anyway, and so building up your trust with other's,... ( So you say?)....
    Please try not to start there, else... if I'm honest, you wouldn't get anywhere.

Try and think of who really matters to you. Those people around you who care, just like you, i'm sure. The other's,....well ???

Although I too can hold my hand up high, ( they get to me at times, but usually only when I have stresses in my own life). Otherwise,.. whose problem is it really? Only their own,.. and whatever they do.

At times, I too get very annoyed with other people, especially when it comes to driving. Men !! lol - (I'll have them on my case now lol ! ). But I'm serious,..especially the male taxis drivers lol (OK, mybe just in my area ) but,... alway's in a hurry, for whatever reason ? I sometimes get wind up. The thing is,.. who are you upsetting more because of this,.. them or yourself ? It's usually yourself, and it's not worth your 'Precious' time.

Ignore those who don't matter, acknowledge those that do.

Take care Susie
    xxx
    Last edited by Oceanblue; 23-04-08 at 03:28.

Hi Susie,
    Next time this happens just say "excuse me,do you know me"? and leave it at that.I bet they'll crawl away with their heads down.
    Don't let it get to you,you have a disability and its no-ones business except yours.If the above doesn't work then an accidental smack on the ankle with the walking stick might
    julie x

Hi
    thankyou for all your replies, you are all right these people dont matter, hopefully one day they will find out what its like to have a disability.
    I will prob get a asbo put on my stick if I stick them lol
    It happened again yesterday, but I didnt get upset just got in the car and drove off
    take care
    susie xxxx

Hi Susie

I have the same as you.......numb feet (diabetic neuropathy)

I also have a stick and a wheelchair for going any distance!!!

The problem I have is with the wheelchair......cos I can walk I tend to use the ladies loo when out not disabled one and the looks I get when I get out of my wheelchair and walk is like Im a fraud!!!!

I have just learned to ignore it, actually I watch the oldies look of dissaproval when I park in a disabled bay and they always look ashamed when I produce my blue badge lol

Keep yer chin up eh

Kaz x x x

Hey Susie

God I wish I could swear arggggghhhhh . People like this are the most ignorant swines alive , pity em mate cos they aint a fraction as fab as us guys OKAY .
    They make u feel inferior by their treatment of you ........ try not to let them ....... I know it's hard . Ignorant people like these don't represent how those who matter to you feel and think about you so they aint worth the upset . When I feel down about the way people treat others , I have to remind myself that not everyone is this way and think of all the people I know and feel comforted as a result . That said there is nothing wrong with coming here and having a good old rant when u need to eh

Take care
    Hope xx

Hi guys
    thanks again for all your replies, Kazzie I know how you feel cos that neropathy can hurt all lot.
    It happened again on saturday wont go into detail but it was a oldie again and they upset lea so I wasnt having that. but I had to walk out the store cos I got so upset.
    Anyway hopefully this week will be better, I got to go to the doc and the pysio on wednesday.
    take care everyone
    susie xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information