View Poll Results: What level of Seroxat/paroxetine are you taking?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10mg

10 16.13%
  • 20mg

28 45.16%
  • 30mg

11 17.74%
  • 40mg

7 11.29%
  • 50mg

3 4.84%
  • 60mg

3 4.84%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What level of Seroxat are you on?

Re: What level of Seroxat are you on?

I have actually stopped taking Seroxat now, have been off it for 5 days now.

The most I've ever been on for the 5 years i've been taking it is 20mg a day, but I was always able to quickly cut down to 10mg a day and then to 5mg a day (10mg every other day).

Ashley.

I started on 10mg and went up to 20 mg then 30mg.

Now I'm back on 20mg and doing fine. I saw a counsellor for a few weeks and she said that they help you feel moer balanced (my words not hers - can't remember exactly), but they enabled me to think clearly enough to be able to learn and practice techiques to help me cope when I feel panicky and get back in control.

I'm trying to reduce the dose again now so I can come off them. but part of me now wondered whether I will be able to cope "on my own". Well, here goes!

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.So sail away from the safe harbor. Explore. Dream. Discover.

hi
    ive been on seroxat for 10 years, i was fine on then , well apart from the firts 3 weeks then i felt brilliant for 5 years, then my thyroid went overactive then very underactive , which made me realy tired and couldnt go out now iam left with agoraphobia, i hardly ever go out maybe a quick trip up the school to take my son but this must be in a car.
    i realy dont no what to do any more ive tried counciling, scared to up my meds cos of the bad side effects i had when i went on them first, but over the [pasrt few months i seem to be getting worse, not breathing properly , cant be bothered, i have even started to panick in my own home.
    please help.

Hi, I've just been put on 20mg and I'm feeling really tearful and down today. I want to write a new thread but this is only my second day on here and I'm struggling to find my way round. Can anyone tell me how to start a new thread??

Doc has just put me on it....starting with 20mg yesterday and is weaning me off citalopram.Far too early to say how it will affect me.

Fishy

My doctor upped my dose from 20 to 30mg four days ago.I've now been on the seroxat for a total of 12 days and have noticed a difference already,I haven't had any side effects whatsoever so I'm thinking this drug is well suited to me.Its difficult to describe but so far it seems to kind of block the anxiety?For example I can think frightening thoughts but that familiar 'whoosh' of anxiety in the chest just isn't taking off.Let's just hope it lasts.

Fishy

hi ive taken 30mg before for about 7 months they did not help at all felt like i was going mad.

I'm on 10mg and in a week will go up to 20mg!
    This is the second time i've been on seroxat. Now i'm on them again i'm getting out more which is good and at times feel pretty happy!
    Its not all good but this time i've gotta give them a fair go and hope some side effects improve in time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information