Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: feeling down..

feeling down..

hello everyone,

Just need to moan for a while..

I never thought I would be posting under depression as I have never been depressed in my life but here goes..

I have been feeling so down lately. I'm not sure why but I guess a few things could be causing this. I am honestly starting to feel like I am useless. I have gained quite a bit of weight since I started having panic attacks, mainly because I found confort in food, especially chocolate. [:I] This didn't really bother me too much till my partner called me 'overweight'. The first time he did, I just kinda ignored it but he did it again tonight while we were watching 'The Games', don't know if any of you watch it but the girls on it are really slim. he said "why don't you look more like them?" i could have honestly thrown his outta the window. he probably didnt mean to be that offensive but it really hurt..
    i've also been really stressed cos my partner is meant to be getting a job and he doesn't even seem interested in trying. I have been filling out his applications for him. i don't mind really but some enthusiasm on his part wouldn't go amiss.
    I came off my meds about a month ago and am finding it quite difficult. Could it be this that is causing me to feel depressed?? I have this knot in my chest, which I have never had before and it has been there for the past week or so. I go to sleep with it and I wake up with this. Is this a sign of depression?
    Sorry for the rambling. If you got this far, thanks a lot.

Sarah

Sarah i feel for you. I know you both and wouldnt want to take sides but how well you have done done you need the support Tell ED u need his support He loves you regardless. I want you to be both be happy!!

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Hi Sarah

Sorry you are feeling down. I can see how Ed's comments would hurt. He is probably just being a bit insensitive and doesn't realise how much saying things like this hurt.

Perhaps as Sal suggests you could talk to him and explain that you need his support and that what he keeps saying is not helping you.

Hope you're feeling better.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hi Sarah,

Speak to your GP as soon as possible. You know your not feeling as you should and he will be able to help you understand what the cause of that is. It could be that you are depressed, or it could be something entirely different, but your already doing the right thing by talking about how your feeling. Now tell your GP. Have you told Ed about how you feel?

Don't worry Sarah, whatever your feeling can be sorted out.

Regards,

Blue
    --
    "A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you today the way you are"

http://workplacebullying.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/enigmapark/

Hi Sarah,

hope things look a bit better this morning, I doubt he meant to hurt your feeling men have a knack of saying the first thing that comes into their heads, did you actually tell him how upset you were by his comment,

hope you sort things out and feel a bit better soon take care xx

kairen x

Thanks for your replies guys. No, I haven't spoken to Ed about what he said but I think he has realised as I didn't talk to him for the rest of last night. I'm feeling a little better this morning though still a lot more down than usual. I haven't told ed about the way I am feeling in general as I think he's sick of hearing me moan - he says it's all I do...i guess he does have a point. I will go see my GP if things don't get better soon. Thanks again all.

hi sarah

hope you are feeling better this morning..i dont think your partner meant anything by it if he is anything like mine ( he opens his mouth before putting his brain into gear) oh boy am i glad he dosent drive...lol
    if you have finished meds it is possible that it may be this makenig you feel down, i know the knot in the chest too well try to be good to yourself and look at something that reminds you your doing well.

take care

della[OK]

Sarah

Want me to come and sort him out for you

I am sure he didn't mean it and I know he loves you deeply.

Hope you feel a bit better soon mate and don't let Ed upset you or he will have us to answer to.

Hug
    xx

Nicola

Hi Sarah,

Sorry you are feeling down at the moment.

Could it be that you weren't quite ready to come off the med's fully yet? As Blue said, speaking to your doctor should be a priority.

Have you tried talking to Ed about the overweight coments? Why did he have to say this to you?

This isn't the type of thing that you need to be hearing especially when you are struggling.

Hope things start to improve soon.

Kate xx

Sarah, Ed is clearly struggling with something. Telling you that all you do is moan, and that you don't compare to those stick insects is out of order.

Get together in a relaxed environment and have a good talk, both of you.

Regards,

Blue
    --
    "A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you today the way you are"

http://workplacebullying.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/enigmapark/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information