Thread: me again

me again

hey its me again ive just thought of something else.
    earlier this year i thought i was having a stroke even tho im only 24.
    i my arm went numb and half my face went numb, so i went totally against wat my boyfriend said, who told me to calm down and chill,(i could have smacked him one), i rung an ambulance as quick as my little fingers would dial
    and procceeded to tell the operator i was having a stroke!
    the paramedics came to find me sat on my door step rocking away and told me i was having a migrain!
    well, i felt a right plonker!
    i wont be doing that again!
    xxx

Re: me again

Hi hun

YOU ARE NOT a plonker at all, please don't think this, you were scared and did not know what was happening to you, please be kind to yourself

A friend of mine did the same thing, she woke up one night and thought she was having a stroke, even her hubby got scared, they called the paramedics. They did take her into the ambulance to check her over. The paramedic asked after checking her over if she was under any stress, now my friend can be funny at time's, she said " STRESS my middle name is stress" the paramedic said to her, if it was of any help, he had been off work with the same symptoms has hers, a couple of months ago, he told her to try and de-stress herself, which she just laughted at, but she has not had these symptoms since.

Hun, don't be to hard on yourself, its dame hard understanding panic, anxiety, you are not the first to call the paramedics and you will not be the last, it can be very scary. Mmm, yes your boyfriend was right to try and stay calm, but as we all know, its not that easy when these symptoms happen, are minds go all negative and we can't think straight.

These symptoms may never happen again, you have learned from them

Hope this helps, even if its just knowing your not alone

TAKE CARE

WISHING YOU WELL

LOVE JILLXX

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"

---------------------------------

this has happened to me before a number of times and trust me the first time it happened I rushed myself down to A&E because I thought something was seriously wrong. it's wierd how your body can act just with Anx

But at least you feel relieved now, hope you feel a bit better next time it happens at least you are prepared

Take care,

Hey Munchkin

You are not a plonker at all, when my HA was rocket sky high, I called an ambulance out I think 3 times, and went to a & e many a time as well, I also lived at my GP surgery practically!!

When we are in that moment, its so so hard to think rationally, I know exactly how you must have been feeling.

So your not a plonker, we have all been there before!

Em
    xx

I can and will get through this....

I've had numbeness before like this and i suffer with migraines and i have never had numbeness when i have had a migraine, low b12 can cause this are you a vegetarian at all.

When my anxiety was at it's worst I would think i was having a stroke at least twice a day! LOL

I've had the numbness, tingels, blury vision.. I can add at least 20 more things too if you'd like! LOL But don't worry, I'm sure 90% of us worried about things that at the time we thought it was the end of the world and of course it passed and turned out to be nothing!

So just have a laugh at how dumb we can all be at times!

thanx every one its good to know other i'm not alone!
    i dont feel as silly now!
    at first i felt so stupid but listening to you guys had made me feel better

Quote Originally Posted by scooby28 View Post
    I've had numbeness before like this and i suffer with migraines and i have never had numbeness when i have had a migraine, low b12 can cause this are you a vegetarian at all.
    Just because you don't experience numbness with your migraines doesn't mean no-one else will, I'm sure the paramedics knew what they were on about when they told her. I think trying to tell everyone they have low b12 will scare them even more, you seem to think every person on here has it!!

Thread Information