Thread: Peace at last

Peace at last

I have written a couple of messages in this section before and almost as soon as I have my anxiety has bit me on the butt as if to say" you're not winning, Im still here". However I am hoping I am now writing this stronger and wiser.

It was 5.11.05 when I experienced my first ever panic attack. After months of convincing myself I was dying I was pointed in the direction of anxiety and panic. On researching the illness thoroughly..... we've all been there, I began to realise this is what I was experiencing, although was not 100% certain all the time as Im sure you can appreciate.

I read Claire Weekes, had hypnotherapy, internet research, purchased numerous programs that apparently had the the miracle cure. All made me feel better for a time and gave me increased knowledge, but still it returned relentless at times.

I cant tell you what has changed or what I have done to combat my panic/anxiety. I haven't had meds or anything to change the way I am but something has changed. Who What Why or When I don't know. I cant even tell you when it lifted which is bizarre as the day I had my first attack will stay with me forever.

Knowledge is power. I have read and re read about acceptance, diets, lifestyle and more. I cant say this is what I have followed to the letter all the time.

I am panic free. I have no answer and I so wish I did for all of you. Is it a combination of all the research time and acceptance??? I have no idea.

Please if anyone should read this hold on!!! I know the pain the struggle the hurt and the lonley isolated feeling this illness can bring, but stick with whatever you are doing because one good day may turn into forever!!!........without you even realising it.

I am forever in debt to this site and the people here. Has it gone forever ?time will tell, but if it does I know I can return to this a place where I want to be!!!!

Get busy living or get busy dying!!!! Is my new motto.

Big hugs to you all. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/smilies/hugs.gif
    Last edited by latic; 26-04-08 at 21:58.

Re: Peace at last

congratulations, dont look back!! if you can get through anxiety u can do anything

What a wonderful post, keep up the good work.
    love Mags xxx

hi wow thats great news and very encouraging to people, keep strong and stay happy xxxxxx

Thats Great News........keep Up The Good Work...........linda Xx

Totally agree with your 'Knowledge is power'

If I knew then what I know now I wouldnt have been a sufferer for so long. I know I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Hopefully I will be with your soon so I can get living - cant wait!!
    Hayley

This has brought tears to my eyes im so pleased for you. Fantastic, well done, just go and have some FUN!!!!!

...baby steps everyday.

Thread Information