Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Today I have.........Sunday

Re: Today I have.........Sunday

Well done everyone on their achievements so far today!

Today I have........travelled to Edinburgh by motorway ( woo hoo, I HATE motorways), had to give directions too ( driver hadn't driven the road before), and I did it all without popping a propanolol or diazepam, and only 10 seconds of thinking 'OMG I'm gonna Freak' lol
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

http://poohsworld-pooh.blogspot.com/

I ironed all the kids uniform, went to the supermarket and contacted a counseller about some CBT.
    C xxx

...baby steps everyday.

Pooh and Popsy well done what wonders you have achieved today bells and whistles for you both. xxhugxx

Jimmirock...eating I did not eat for weeks other than sucking polos!!! was hardly anything left of me, thankfully over that now weight back to normal but muscles still not working properly, as you say anxiety brings on side issues, I could not eat because of the dizziness.

I am going off for tonight now keep up these triumphs everyone and remember don't even think about tomorrow live for the minute you are in xxhugxx

Well done everyone on your acheivements today

I am a staff nurse . Today i did my first long day (07.30-19-30) in 12 years.
    I have always worked the afternoons only as i find my anxiety is much worse in the morning.
    A couple of weeks ago i must have had a moment of madness & volunteered to do the shift
    Anyway...I was fine & even had a lovely roast lamb dinner & crumble pud! Although I'm now knackered!

I have just got back home after facing one of my biggest demons....driving! For those that know me, my panic attacks and agrophobia returned nearly 8 weeks ago after being free of them for 12 years. Since their return I struggle everyday taking my three youngest to school, and that in the car is only a two minute trip. Tonight, I asked my boyfriend if he would come in the car with me while I drove around the block, well a big block, 5 mile round trip. Apart from my heart racing to begin with, and a funny sensation in my head, which I put down to the fact I was waiting for a panic attack to happen...I was fine.

We started to head home, then I took a right hand turn and headed to Werrington traffic lights...my biggest demon...the place where my panic attacks returned. As I approached they were green, but...then turned red. My first thought was 'oh no' and my mouth went dry...I sat at the light, yes I was fiddling with my hair and face...but I did it!! Then I told my boyfriend that I wanted to drive on the ring road around the city, as just 4 weeks ago I had a panic attack on there...and guess what?? I did it...no panic nothing! The girl racer in me even came back lol.

Am not saying that I am going to be able to do this everyday, because I know that things don't happen over night...but god I am so pleased with myself right now, as is my boyfriend. I think he was beginning to think that I had given up...but I have proved to him and myself tonight that I haven't. I am on such a high.

Oh I forgot to add, that on the whole I drove for 1 hour and 15 mins.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information