Thread: Help with depersonalisation

Help with depersonalisation

Hello Everyone

This is my first post and I had about two years a bad bout of anxity and unreality and with medication and talk therapy I got threw it Last January it all came back and about 2 months ago the doc put me on lexapro wich I got off about a month after but know I have bad depersonlity I can do my things go to work but I dont recognize the person inside very weird the whole world has gotten very unreal. I cant seem to find anyforce to get better Im lost inside like somthing took away my sole I have a wife 2 wounderfull kids and a business I feel like everything Iv always loved to do does not interest me anymore Im afraid im going Crazy Please help

Thanks

Re: Help with depersonalisation

Hi to NMP...you are sooo not going crazy.... you have had a tough time with anxiety, which we can all relate to and your feelings of dispersonalisation are not uncommon amoungst anxiety sufferers... its scary when we just don't feel like ourselves but it will get better... since my anxiety returned in March i have found that i have lost interest in everything that i used to like to do and found myself withdrawing into myself too... anxiety is exhusting and takes all our energy to deal with and so theres little left for anything else......as you beguin to feel better,you will take up your old interests and hobbies again..... have you considered any other meds, it may be worth discussing this with your doc cos whilst they are not the solution to everything they can help kickstart our recovery....
    Anxiety is a complete shock to the system and will knock our confidence for a bit but you will get back to your old self again, it will just take some more time.. you have done it before and you will do it again .... be kind to yourself and give yourself a little more time and it will happen for you, im sure of it....
    Hang in there
    Rach
    'Dream Catch me'
    Newton Faulkner

Sgravel, first off you are NOT going crazy and you are certainly not alone. I get those feelings when my anxiety is high or I've had a panic attack recently. It's not pleasant feeling so disconnected from the world and more importantly from yourself. One way I have come think about it is this: when you are in a high state of anxiety or panic your mind and body have to work very hard to counter these effects. The release of chemicals in your brain have to be worked out and I think sometimes your brain just can’t do all of it at once hence feeling ‘cut off from reality’ or like you are living in a dream. There are drugs and types of therapy that can help with this symptom and it would probably be a good idea to talk to your Dr about this. A lot of times these feelings come from some kind of trauma in your life and if that is the case talking to someone would more than likely help you work through the depersonalization.

I hope you feel better soon. Take care!

Thanks for the reply

I went back to my effexor that had helped with the feelings of unreality the first time but know my old self seems so far away I cant seem to connect to me like someone ripped my sole out of me Is this really only anxiety I feel so lost withenmyself Did this happen to you to

Thanks

Hi lila
    I didnt have any Trauma in my life the anxity just turned into this horrible monster and my feeling of detachement are pretty much with me all the time
    for the past month Does it ever disapate where my old self returns

thanks

I think if it has gone away before it will go away again. If the effexor worked for you then you should talk to your doctor about it and see what he comes up with.

Take care.

I get this 24/7 wish i could get rid of it but had it for 3months now:( hope you get through it am sure you will

Rick

Why cant I stop worrying

E:richard-loader@hotmail.co.uk

Thread Information