Thread: from despair to where?

from despair to where?

ok,i think ive come to terms that panic attacks wont kill me,maybe not very pleasant,but they wont cause me harm.

my main problem is the total worry the day/night before i have to do something i feel im not in control with. i.e visting someone in there house,i dont want to have a panic attack as i will look and feel a total fool and going back to visit said place will be 100 x times worse next time(thats if i ever attempt it again)
    so what can i try to try and sleep the night before,stop myself getting into such a state that even before ive left the house im in tears--the damn panic attack wont be as bad as this! beleive me rescue remedy doesnt help me,i cant take pills as make me drowsey.

has anyone got some decent advice to control myself before event,i kinda gain some control once im there, as like most of us its the getting there and the what ifs that is the worse for me.

thanks
    karen

Re: from despair to where?

Hello Karen,

I truly can relate to what you are saying. I too, like you, know that panic attacks are not going to kill me, that I am not going to die because of them, but also like you, if there is an event coming up (we have a wedding to go to end of May) I worry myself stupid about it. I wish I could tell you how to overcome this, but unfortunately I cant, but did think it might help you to realise that you are not alone on this.

Sorry I couldnt be of much help

Kaz

Re: from despair to where?

thanks kaz,
    do u take any meds?just wish i wasnt so drowsey on them as i feel they may benefit, half a propranalol makes me like a zombie!

i have listened to claire weekes set of cds,and althou everything she says relates to my condition i feel there just isnt the answers to correcting the fear.
    feel the fear and do it anyway...nice quote but in reality its mostly never an option for me

good luck with the wedding kaz,
    let me know how you got on.

karen

Thread Information