Thread: Strange neuro symptoms

Strange neuro symptoms

Just wanted some advice - I went to GP and neuro worried about MS. Had numb hands/feet, pins and needles, muscle twitches, etc. GP says its anxiety, neurologist says he doesn't think I have a progressive illness. I'm waiting on MRI - neuro says 'for peace of mind'.

Now getting other symptoms after reading about MS (waking up with numb limbs, blurry vision when I am at work), are these real MS symptoms, or just my mind playing tricks on me?

I feel like I am going insane.

Re: Strange neuro symptoms

hiya, im pretty sure its anxiety, i too started with burning cold sensations, which i thought m.s.! i ve had the pins and needles before, thats usually when im really worrying, or can even be out of the blue, try not to worry about it and try and convince yourself its anxiety i know its easier said than done, (im still trying!!)

take care
    libbie x

Hi Libbie, thanks for replying. I've been in a real state since about mid-March, had around 4 days when everything was really bad - felt so awful and that I was going to end up in a really bad way. It comes and goes now. I'm trying to keep track of it - something really stressful happened around a week ago which freaked me out and lo and behold, pins and needles and a numb left hand within about 15 mins of the event! In a way it was good that something bad happened..does that make sense??!

What do you think are the best ways of dealing with the anxiety? I've tried going to the gym and that helps me feeling stronger about my body.

Vic
    x

hiya, i think the best way of dealing with anxiety is accepting you have it. i know its easier said than done!!! and it is good (well sort of) that you felt these symptoms after stress, this confirms its anxiety!!

libbie x

Thread Information