Thread: Tiny black line under nail

Tiny black line under nail

Now I know the sensible reason for this is that I have banged my nail and its a streak of blood - my husband says he gets this often if he bangs his nail.

It is about 3mm if that in length like a tiny black splinter at top of finger under nail.

BUT i read once that if you get what looks like a black splinter running from nail bed to tip of nail then it could be caused by a cancerous growth in nail bed and I actually know a lady whose finger nail turned black and it was a malignant melanoma under her nail and she had to have her finger removed!!!!!!!!

I wish so much that I didn't know all this medical info and then I wouldn't think twice like my husband about this tiny black splinter like bit under nail.

Oh and on top of that today I have been feeling thirsty, a dry mouth, rough throat and a bit of a cough. Wait and see if it turns into something but I know I am not diabetic as husband is so can do test on myself but remembere dthat when my mum had secondary bone cancer she got very thirsty because she was losing calcium out of her bones due to the cancer.
    So instead of thinking I have a dry sore throat thats why i feel thirsty I am wondering if I ned to ask my Dr for a calcium test

I hate this!

Re: Tiny black line under nail

Hiya sound like you have a bruise under your nail.And I think you you may have a virus causing your dry mouth and cough.Im sure its nothing serious,I think your anxiety is taking over at the moment.
    Do you google?????

Awww hun sorry your worried.
    My husband has had them a few times if he's banged his hand or something at work. Sounds like youve got that bug going round at moment sore throat, tickly coughs and headaches.
    But i really hope your better very soon.
    xx

Thanks both, the cough and sore throat had gone this morning!!!!!!

Still got the black splinter under finger nail but have calmed myself down for now about it and decided if its still there in a month or so I will ask about it but I know nails take long time to grow out.

My other half is a mechanic and he is always getting them so try not to worry.
    I also have had a sore throat and cough, something going around.

Take care
    Mandy xx

i have lines in my nails too and i am driving myself,my dr and my family mad.my dr has told me three times it is nothing to worry about and my nail technicians have told me the same.i know exactly how you feel and googling doesnt help as it only brings bad stuff up.please let me know how you get on

jenniexx
    take care

Thread Information