Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If ever I needed advice....

If ever I needed advice....

I had a fantastic day yesterday with nottingham forest getting promoted but today im back down to earth. I have just recently started to face my demons and this includes trips to see a therpaist, exercise, relaxation and up and coming CBT sessions to tackle my anxiety. However an opportunity has come up with a job in Essex with my old boss and it would mean a lot more financial freedom and a chance to prove that I can handle life on my own without my family always being there as I currently live in nottingham. I need to decide by tomorrow whether I should up my roots and give it a go or whether to stay in my comfort zone and takle my anxiety issues here.

I really can't decide and its making me ill. :(

Anyone have any advice???

C

Re: If ever I needed advice....

hiya this is a bit of a difficult one to advise you on without knowing a few thinks like
    . how long have you suffered
    . how badly does it effect you and ur life on a day to day
    there are normaly waiting lists for theropy and cbt. do you think you can cope away from the safe zone enough to be able to be put back on a long list if it all falls on its face and you return. if you do then thats great i say go for it. if not then i advise you get ur self sorted as best you can and then sort urself out with a job and liveing independently.
    either way i wish you all the best
    take care .

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Carl,

Congratulations to you and Mr Calderwood's merry men!!!
    Good luck in the Championship.
    Your anxiety issues can be tackled in Nottingham or Essex in exactly the same way.
    One of the biggest issues for Anxiety sufferers is getting used to change.
    We are frightened of it purely because it takes us away from our normality.
    Progress comes through change.
    Do a cost/benefit analysis on the job opportunity.If the benefits outweigh the cost,what have you got to lose?
    Good luck whatever you decide.
    Best wishes,
    Chalky

Hi Carl

Can't help you make that decision but I can tell you Essex is a really nice place.

Good luck with you choice I'm sure whatever you decide will be the right thing.

Carol
    x

Is this an offer you've had long? If not it's unfair to expect someone to make such a big decision without much contemplation. I would always demand more time to think and if they didn't respect that then they weren't the right people for me.

That aside, my purely rational advice, and we all know how easy it is to give advice, would be to take the opportunity of this job if returning to your current situation would be easy to get back to. In other words, "What have you got to lose?"

It's a difficult one to asses from an outside view without more info but let us know what you decide won't you?

"I am a part of all that I have met;
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

- Tennyson

For Those Who Shop Online, you can support No More Panic very easily. Read more here and here. If No More Panic has helped you, consider making a donation.

Thanks all for your support and advice.

It is a hard call, to be honest im literally 50/50 at the min whether to go or not. I know a couple of people where this job is in essex and they are supportive so thats not an issue, I just feel like I have made progress here with confidence bulding etc and although I have a long way to go I dont want to disrupt that, I guess its a gamble like many things in life lol.

C

Hi there, wow thats a tough decision i think if it was me i would follow my heart as you will probably be makin the right decision for you. you could do what you think would be right but you may not be happy, good luck though xx

I get stressed out deciding what to have for dinner so this just feels so overwhelming. I guess I should be excited but im just petrified

Well if you know you could do the job and you dont mind moving and think you are strong enough to cope id say go for it, it might be just what you need but at the same time you dont want to stress yourself to much if you are already kinda all over the place so just think carefully im sure what eveer you do will be the right decision for youxx

Hi all,

What an emotional rollercoaster of a weekend. I went on a kind of date with someone today at the last minute and we clicked completely, but ive decided to move to essex after all so its just been crazy. Life is so ironic that when u finally stop looking for something it hits you right in the face lol, Whats this week going to bring???

C

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information