Thread: Lexapro? Radar??? Help!

Lexapro? Radar??? Help!

HI, I am at my wits end w/the panic and anxiety. I'm on the 10 mlg. of beta blocker they help a bit w/ the heart racing.
    However, I'v decided after struggling w/ to take the lexapro... I am so nervous because in the past my exp. w/ ssri's have not been great.. very anxious, enduced panic and funny feelings shortly after taking. I took 1/2 pill (5 mlg.)this morning at 8:00 (it's 9:00 now) I feel funny right now, will it pass,,, is it going to kill me...
    what should I do. I feel panicky

hi jennifer,
    ime sorry your feeling so scared at the moment,but one thing is for sure ...taking lexapro as prescibed is not going to kill you.
    its one of the newest,most successful antidepressants,available today.....bryan

Hiya Jennifer
    Just to let you know, some of these drugs do make you feel a bit worse at the beginning as your body is getting used to them.
    hope this helps. Im sure Meg (radar) will give you better reassurance tho. xx
    Sarah
    xx

Dear Jennifer,

It will certainly not kill you.. (You already knew that though as you survived the previous time) It's mainly made of stuff that your body already produces itself.

However as the chemicals all settle down together there is a period of usually 4 days - 3weeks ish where you can feel worse anxiety wise before the reddy - brek - glow feeling kicks in.
    Worrying about that the drug may harm you is only magnifying this immensely. You decision to take it is absolutely fine - but you now need to relax as much as possible to allow it to do it's job to help you.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

I survied the day. It was tough at times.. but I did it. I feel ok now. I'm going to continue taking tomorrow. I don't want to be on forever but the time being is fine. Wish me well...
    Do you know if it's ok to take the beta blocker w/ the lexapro???

hi jennifer,

well done you!

your doctor has all your meds on his/her computer,before the prescribe any medication,they do a cross-reference check for compatability...so no worries there....best wishes...bryan.

Thread Information