Thread: Peoples EFT Experiences, would love to here...

Question Peoples EFT Experiences, would love to here...

Im starting EFT combined with Reflexology on Monday with an experienced professional therapist but at my own home, this is to help me with anxiety/panic. Im feeling good about the fact that i am doing it and have looked into other websites about it. I am a bit confused though and maybe a little cynical as to how it can really work, although i am willing to try anything and definitely found the reflexology (on its own) a very uplifting experience yesterday.

I just wondered what peoples experiences of EFT are and if they can explain a little more to me how they have used it, and if it has worked for them?

I guess im a little nervous about it all...

Would really appreciate any comments

Many Thanks

...baby steps everyday.

Re: Peoples EFT Experiences, would love to here...

Ever since I saw Paul McKenna curing peoples phobias using the technique I've been amazed with the effectiveness. It is something that's hard to explain and therefore maybe believe but it really does work. I went on a half hour long bus journey the other day for first time in about 4 years - with the help of eft I was fine and infact had a huge beaming smile on my face. I'm also going back to work tomorrow after 4 years - every time I start to feel anxious I say to myself "even though I have this anxiety about going back to work I truely and completely accept myself" I know it sounds mad but along with the tapping it really does work - I'm amazed. I've only been doing it a few weeks. Around the same time I had some homeopathy - if someone told me a month ago I'd be going back to work I never wouldve believed them. Don't be wary of it - what have u got to lose? Afterall there's no side effects. Good luck

I definitely notice an effect with EFT but it's not strong enough to make a significant dent in my social phobia. I do find it can help me calm down a little after a freaking out incident.

As for why it works - nobody knows yet, but the nervous system works via electrical signals which create a complex electrical field round the human body. There are some indications that this electrical field may be one and the same thing as consciousness itself. My guess is that the pressure points of Chinese medicine are particularly amenable to manipulation of the electric field.
    And fill it with devils and dust.
    - Bruce Springsteen

Hi all...
    Without wanting to sound too blonde, what is EFT? I hope it works for you.

Thank you Carla...was going to ask the same thing but you beat me to it. Took me long enough to realise what CBT was...as far as I was aware it was the first part of the bike test lol...but guess thats the biker in me.

Kaz

Kaz
    Hahaha...your message just made me laugh out loud about the CBT thing and I never knew about that until I came on this site
    Whatever the EFT thing is, I may look into it, as I will try anything if it works for someone else

Take a look http://www.emofree.com/ there is a free manual you can download. So far ive had loads of PM's about great experiences people have had using it on here, im really excted now about starting it on monday! I will report back I'll try anything me, well almost.....

Basically from what i gather its along the same lines as acupuncture but instead of needles they use the pressure points and massage or tap them, at the same time as using positive reinforcement thoughts and banishing negative ones. Three people have told me they are now panic free from using this method, but im not getting my hopes up too much.
    Wish me luck guys

...baby steps everyday.

That sounds really good! I wish you luck with it. I am now off to check out the link to that site.

I have done a morning with EFT therapist - the body has meridian lines and tapping unblocks the energy fields and opens up healing - a bit like acupuncture - its amazing it does help - I use it before a meal out or theatre trip. Carldourish on this site knows about all of this!
    Wenjoy x

Thread Information