Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: B12 Deficiency

B12 Deficiency

Does any one here suffer with this about 10 weeks i got told i had this, i was really bad with it tired,strange eyes. dizzy/drunk feeling, pins and needles/numbness, headaches, stiffness etc.

For 5 weeks in a row i started having the B12 injections and these were making me feel alot better, I had my last one 4 weeks ago and i think my symptoms are coming back especially the strange eye feeling and the numbness.
    I am due to have my blood checked next week to see how well it got absorbed, if this shows i need to have more i think they will give me an injection once a month or once every 3 months.

I just wandered how long it took sufferers of this to start feeling better, cos i was starting to feel really good after my last injection but now 4 weeks later i'm feeling crap again will i be like this forever if i only get injections every months or worse every 3 months.

I can't see how having one a months or less one every 3 months can possibly be getting in my system enough to stop all my symptoms from coming back, does anyone thing i need to start taking shop bought b12 vitamins to help keep me topped up cos when i asked my nurse she said i shouldn't really need to.

I have been very stresses this week so it could just be that if my blood tests next week come back ok, driving me mad.

Re: B12 Deficiency

hi there yes pills will help but they will take a good few weeks to start working i think but eat lots of b12 foods which i think if i remember rightly is green foods especially spinach rocket salad, greens, broccolli is brilliant. also drink fresh orange juice with it not concentrated though and the vit c will help it digest into yr body. also iron rich wholegrain cereals are good

Thanks Donna, I try and eat cereals sometime especially the branflakes i knoe these say on the packet they have so much b12 in it, i can't drink the orange juice as it does bad things to me.
    I was trying to eat meat but i don't really eat that much and i thing you need to have so much b12 a day cos it doesn't get stored in the body, I was feeling good for a few weeks it was great.

hi scooby i only really eat chicken not alot of red meat but try spinach mayb the ready made salad bags rocket salad and brocolli is very good and also eggs and dairy products i hope you feel better soon, i know it sounds abit yuck but i like wheatabix with just butter on hehe that would be good for you though

Thats the only way i like weetabix, i don't really eat it much now though. Maybe if i start hab=ving more shots if they i need them it might sort itself out.
    I might try shop vitamins if they say i'm ok after the blood test i don't suppose it can hurt.

hi just looked in a book i have on vitamins and best things are egg, liver chicken nuts almonds, soya products, sweet potatoe, wholemeal bread, potato, spinach ,b beetroot, brocolli,cabage,bananas,oranges and peaches
    hope this helps mate hugs xxxxxx

Thanks Donna, I will try and eat more tried soya milk think it gave me spots.

hi i got vb12 deficency , its not always diet related though as i was told ,i have injections 3 monthly also , i find i perk up for about 2 weeks then back 2 square one as for shop vb12 id ask gp first as like all things can get to much of it
    amandax

Thanks amanda.
    i don't seem to bad again today, might just be stress from breaking up with my ex last weekend causing similar symptoms and i'm worrying i'm going to have it forever.
    I did read someone that you can't take too much b12 cos it comes out in the urine or something like that and it doesn't get stored thats why you need some every day. I definitly don't eat food with it in, i was ill last year and very stressed and i read this can trigger it too.

well i had my blood test today will have to wait for the results, but the last two days i have been getting fairly bad pins and needles/ numbness in my right hand and arm mainly and for the last half an hour my right foot has been like it.
    If my blood tests come back ok this time it means they wont give me anymore shots i'm not sure whether to try taking some b12 vitamins from the shops to see if this helps with it cos it's been getting worse the last few days. These are the only symptoms i have so far compared to when i first had it i had loads more.

Are there any b12 suffers that still get the symptoms even though you get the shots or still get the symptoms when the docs says your blood results are ok.
    If so is there anything you do to help with your symptoms.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information