Thread: Dogs die in hot cars!!!!

Angry Dogs die in hot cars!!!!

Iam sooooo angry. I have just returned from taking my three dogs for a walk and I could scream. I take them in the car to a local nature park as my eldest dog has arthritis and can't walk there even though it's only 10-15 mins walk away. And I parked up next to a car that was empty barring a German Shepard panting it's head off in the boot of this estate car. ALL the windows were firmly shut. I took my dogs on their walk which was about 15 mins though I don't get far from the car due to his arthritis. I was therefore able to watch this car, and no one came to check on this dog.

When I got back to the car I was really worked up so I wrote down the registration and walked to the pub which is on the other side of this car park. This was not an easy thing for me to do as I'm quite a nervous person. The people behind the bar looked at me as if I was mad. They did come out though to see if they recognised the car. They didn't.

They said there was nothing they could do and suggested I walked round the pub and asked everyone if they had left their dog in the car. I couldn't do this I was not ready for a confrontation, so I said I would wait another 10 mins and phone the police. I got my dogs back out of the car (With windows open I might add) and played on the grass for a bit.

The bar maid must have known whose car it was because after only two mins a woman came across the car park to the car and opened the window about two inches. She then returned to the pub. I was dying to go over and tell her what I thought of her but thought better of it. The dog had at least got SOME air although letting out for a drink of water would have been the right course of action, and forgetting their own pleasures and taling the dog home.

Bearing in mind it was 23 degrees today I was so angry that people are so stupid when it comes to their pets....they made sure they reached their watering hole after the walk they just forgot about their dog. They are a disgrace.

Sorry about the rant. Andrea xx

Re: Dogs die in hot cars!!!!

indeed so andrea,

i totally agree. although i dont even think id have the courage ud showed to go into the pub.

you are indeed a responsible dog owner.

i hate leaving my girls in the car even for a few minutes.

hopefully u have raised some awareness in the pub.

keep ranting on mate as much as u like re dogs and cars,

best wishes

millyx

Hey Andrea

First of all Well Done for doing your upmost for this poor dog , despite your personal anxiety . I completely 100% agree with you in all you say about these people and it drives me insane too . The fact she returned to the car and didn't even give the dog a drink beggars belief doesn't it . Then again she did leave the animal in the first place to fry eh . These are the same sort of people who I have come across who have left a young child (asleep) in the exact same dangerous conditions . Morons .

Glad u were around for this poor dog
    Hope xx

a big well done to you andie you more than likly saved that dogs life, although a drink for the dog would have helped as well. what is wrong with ppl today and why dont they care about there animals ? you could still report this hun so she can get a visit from the police/rspca about her dog. do you still have the registration? or if you see that car again put a note on it saying that if the dog is seen locked up like that again in that weather she will be reported instantly. like you said hun she didnt mind getting her drink down her neck did she.
    well done to you hun

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxx

Well done Andie

I would however phone the police with the registration number as next time the dog may not have a guardian angel like you around

Big for you

Kaz x x x

Yes I still have the registration number. Thanks for all your advice. I think I will inform the RSPCA and see if they can help as I was so angry about what I saw. People don't think about how quickly a sealed car will heat up in the sun. They need shutting in a car, they'll soon find out. It's not even as if you need to be told...how many times have we sat in the car waiting for someone in the summer and felt like we can't breathe and that's with the windows down.
    Yes I think a word to someone is necessary. Does anyone know if the RSPCA has a web site to report such things???

Hi Andie

If you look in the phone book they have a national 24hr number to report things like this to.....no need to give your details but if you do they will not inform the person who reported them

Kaz x x x

Awww poor dog.

It's the same with rabbits. The amount of people that keep them in little more than a box and never let them out. It's disgusting. Imagine being shut in a tiny little space on a day like this?

Kate

Hi Andie

Well done, you showed a lot of courage just going in the pub and asking around. I dont think I could have done that.

People are so irresponsible. The amount of times this sort of thing has been on the news, you think people would know better.

Jo xxxxx
    If I could speak words of water,
    You would drown when I said
    "I love you."

OMG this sort of thing makes my blood boil!!!!!That dog could have died!!! I have four dogs and never leave them in a hot car,absoloute madness!!!What were these people thinking about?I go out of my way to make sure my dogs are safe but i know not all people think the same,they are just thick and should not have an animal.I would give the number to the rspca if i were you,i most defo would.
    Ali xxx

Thread Information