Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread closure

Thread closure

I am not very happy tonight to logon and find that my thread has been closed again 'pending review' whatever that means

It just feels very unfair to me. All the time I was posting positively I was left alone and no one bothered but life isn't like that and now I'm having a difficult time again my thread gets closed.

I'm sure I cannot be the only person on this forum who posts about things that are difficult and yet it seems I get penalised just because my problems are different to many others here.

Tonight I feel very upset and it really is the last thing I need. I am beginning to wonder whether I really belong here anymore.

Karen

Re: Thread closure

Karen, Hi. As you already know, I'm one of the ppl who responded to your thread last night because of losing my sister to anorexia, and although i had my own issues with your posts, something i did see in all of the other ppls replies to you is how much they care about you and how much they want to help you, and how much they want you to live. Ok, maybe not everyone on here understands anorexia, but that doesn't stop them from trying desperately to help you. What i saw in those posts were ppl in alot of pain with their own health probs, trying to hold you up with yours.

Have a bit of courage...if you don't want to do it for you then do it for them. These ppl care about you.

Take care of yourself
    Cathy xx

cathy i totally agree with you, hugsxx and hugs karen xxxxxxxx

Hi Karen,

This thread has been closed pending an Administrative review of its recent content.

The Forum rules are quite clear:-

We also do not allow posts that .............or violate NMP community standards. The NMP team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.

Please feel free to PM me at any time to discuss this.
    Best wishes,
    Chalky

Quote Originally Posted by chalky View Post
    The Forum rules are quite clear:-

We also do not allow posts that .............or violate NMP community standards.
    What exactly are 'community standards'? And how is talking about how I feel breaking the rules? I am genuinely confused as to what I have done wrong this time.

I am sorry some members are upset by my illness and the nature of it but I cannot help that. Anorexia as an illness means I will continue to have thoughts and feelings about wanting to lose weight. I cannot change that. It is part of my illness just as being unable to step outside is part of agoraphobia.

I've also read things in other posts on this forum that would seem to me to be far more disturbing and upsetting than anything I have written recently. Holding Karen Carpenter to be an idol does not seem a crime to me and I am sorry that others believe it is.

Karen

I'm like probably the newest member here and I want to say that I HATE threads being closed by moderators on any fora on the Internet.

Who actually has the right to shut down a conversation between adults when they decide to? No-one, that's who.

I'll probably get my arse banned for saying this but I care not a jot. It pisses me off as a grown woman who has been around the block several thousand times to have other people, who don't even know me, censor me on the net.

Hi Karen
    I did write a reply to you about my comment last night apologising if it offended you. I suffered greatly with anorexia years ago and suffering the health consequences now. I understand how bad you feel and all the rest,because I have been there, but I think what disturbs people and that includes me as someone who was anorexic, is that Karen Carpenter surely can only be admired for her musical talent and certainly not for being anorexic and there is nothing to be admired about people who destroy themselves. Its human nature to want to help people, to see them help themselves, to see them get better, not to stand by and watch someone destroy themselves. I know the pain I put people through and I hate myself for that. What is so great about anorexia and looking like a skeleton! I looked horrifuc at the time and lost some of my teeth, and hair and have permanantly damaged my bones.Its crap just as being an agoraphobic is, like I am now. There is not one single thing that is good about it, be it anorexia or agoraphobia. There is nothing at all remotely positive about it.It just means you live a crap life end of when it could actually be as good a life as you want it to be. I know it isnt easy and there is no magic cure. The only cure is in helping yourself as best as you can to get totally better so you can have a quality of life before life ends whether you want it to or not. People do care about you here. They dont want to see you die from anorexia. They want to support and help you and see you make a recovery, have a good life and be happy and I am sure they would be devastated if you died. Its as simple as that.That is what upsets people and admiring Karen Carpenter for any other reason then her musical talent is bound to upset and shock people.
    Last edited by Carla08; 12-05-08 at 23:12.

Sending you Karen

Im not able to comment cos I see both sides here and really Im sat on the fence(and its not comfy)

Kaz x x x

Ariane

The rules are there for a reason and not to upset people.

Would you rather I just let people post whatever they want on here ? Who do you think would get all the complaints and backlash from it?

I have a job to protect the NMP members and that is what I and the other admins will do.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Karen -

Basically 'community standards' is a guideline as to what the administration feels is appropriate for the forum.
    Unfortunately there is no way to cover all topics that may be discussed on the forum that may violate these standards which is why under "forum rules" we have clearly posted...
    "Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way."
    And
    "The NMP team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards."
    Although I know that your anxiety and anorexia are closely connected - we do not have the knowledge of anorexia to help you with this problem.
    As stated before you are welcome to post regarding your anxiety HOWEVER posts about anorexia in action - Ex. binging and purging, fasting, dieting, can not be posted on the forum.
    xxx
    Sandy

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information