Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thread closure

Re: Thread closure

I do not know what rule
    you are talking about!!!!!
    Tell me!

Can we chat? Talk about this in real time?

Happy to PM with you regarding this.

What rule are you defending here? To the point of telling a (new) fellow sufferer she has to leave if she can't abide by it? What rule?

Okay - fine thank you.

Ariane
    Read the message that I wrote. To suggest we all want to hear success stories is totally wrong. We are all here to help one another and a lot of caring kind people including Donna and many others on here have been a godsend to me lately. They are people with their own problems who take time out to help others with theirs. I was anorexic as stated earlier. People do not want to hear anorexia being glorified by someone saying Karen Carpenter is to be admired because of how well she 'did' anorexia and that is glorifying it as far as I am concerned. Its like cancer. You wouldnt say about someone who had cancer, how much you admired them, cos they smoked 100 cigs a day and gave themselves cancer would you! This site is supportive and amazing and we do all help as much as we can whilst we have our own problems to deal with. People on here care for Karen and dont want to see her die, but you have to realise it is upsetting for people when she can sound like she is is amost trying to shock. What do you want people to say? Do you want to hear them say Oh go ahead Karen and starve yourself! We care for her and its upsetting seeing her suffering and sometimes sounding like she isnt trying to help herself.

So yet another thread hijacked!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Carla - thanks for that positive reply!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

In my opinion, seeing as this site is run by fellow sufferes, FREE OF CHARGE, Nicola and all the other admins are entitled to enforce whatever rules they wish. I, for one of many, consider it a privilege, not a right.

Thank you Sue!
    xxx
    Sandy

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information