Okay, I am squeamish when it comes to looking at those pictures in biology books. There was a pic of like a horrible looking skin cancer in one in 9th grade and it got me sooo hyper over looking at moles and stuff. Health class was no better, I came home so upset one time cause they were talking about cancer causing something like indentations in one's breast and it turned out that a small one was caused by my bra...

So yes, not good experiences there and now I have to take a human anatomy college class, which goes a lot more in depth and such with lovely pictures. I also have to do labs, and since this is an online class I have to do small stuff I think like seeing the effect exercise has on my heart (checking heart rate, etc) or drinking water and the effect it has on pee, or whatever. I get anxious just thinking about that--what if my heart rate isn't what it should be and they say something--what if they find out that something is wrong with me if this lab is wrong? I honestly don't want to be filled with this knowledge cause then I'll be like knowing where things are and thinking stuff like "this muscle isn't supposed to be here" or "is that a swollen gland!?!?"

Ah, I know I'm just taking this badly and my brother says that eeeeveryone thinks they have some kind of disease or another when they take health classes, not just anxious people. And I heard that first year medical students get very hypocondriac-ish and go to the doctor a lot cause they think they have everything.

I don't know, anything medically related gets me all up in a tizzy. Just looking at a picture of a heart makes me tense. Anyone have any advice or similar experience?