Hi all
I have been thinking about this a lot. There is such a thing as freedom of speech, and whilst I have said it does make people upset inc myself when they read that Karen has bought slimming pills as she mentioned in one of her earlier posts and other things that could upset them, I now realise and as someone who came through anorexia, that how she is feeling, what she is saying, how she sees herself, whilst others may not like it , is all part of anorexia. What if for example I took an overdose and mentioned it in my post because I was depressed, would that thread then be locked? what if anxiety caused me to become an alcoholic, would my thread be locked if I said I was drinking? I really thought long and hard about this and I feel it would be a shame if Karen left. She is suffering and she has used this site for a long time. If people dont like what they read then maybe they should not read her posts, a bit like turning over onto another channel on the tv when you dont want to watch a certain programme that upsets you. Anorexia sufferers need a lot of support, which Karen does get on here. I want her to get better but then again she has to want to get better and if she doesnt then thats how it is, but we should still support and encourage her and realise that when she is saying distressing things well then that is part and parcel of how anorexia, depression and anxiety is affecting her. What if I came on here saying I was suicidal and wanted to kill myself, which I have often been in the past, would my posts be blocked? I am not writing this to start an argument, but I gave it all much consideration and I feel that if we block peoples posts everytime we hear something we dont like then that is wrong. I dont want Karens posts blocked. Karen I would truly love to see you get better, and it is frustrating for people seeing you as you are, but then again you cant switch off anorexia just to please people, you have to want to and work towards getting better yourself, but maybe you wont and will always live with anorexia,and you do sound very depressed, which does affect your judgement as we all know who have or suffer from depression, but in the meantime you have my support and good wishes through what is a horrid time for you. Maybe this thread will be locked, but at least I wanted to be able to say what I have. I feel bad that I was angry at Karen to begin with, because she is suffering and has the right to be heard as much as we all do. Anorexia isnt a nice subject as it is distressing for people to read about but no more so than for someone who is suffering from it.