Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: just cant stop my thoughts!

Well now you know it is going in ok.

I don't feel it going in - I don't think you are supposed to either. It is an involuntary act.

There is nothing I can suggest that will help because it is all your thoughts that are making you feel anxious about it. Only you can change those thoughts I am afraid.

Nicola

Caz,
    Get a hand mirror and breathe out through your nose onto it. If it steams up you have now proved to yourself that you are breating both in and out absolutely fine and there is no cause for concern at all.

It really doesn't matter at all whether you feel anything or not. You gave to now turn your attention fully onto something else to distract yourself.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">hi i just cant stop my thoughts about breathing its become an obsession and i cant stop obsessing about air and feeling my breathe! and i feel like i cant feel it now wen i think about it and its scaring me! i feel trapped and chlostrophobic has anyone felt like this before? if so how did u cope and get through it?

<div align="right">Originally posted by caz21 - 07 April 2005 : 08:38:04</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Jim

i really wish that i did not have to think then my life would be better LOL

One thing that all OCD or Phobic conditions have in common is thought processes. You have now formed the bad habit of focusing all your attention to this one thing which is what happens to pretty much all sufferers.

You are driving this, so you have to learn to change it. Your breathing is controlled by a primitive part of the brain so whether you dwell on it or not makes no difference.

All you need to do is change the priority you are giving to this thought, just tell yourself "oh it's just that again".

Thoughts are just that - thoughts.

If you think about your worst fears or you think about what you would do if you won the lottery, neither is real. The only difference is that one thought will make you feel bad and one will make you feel good.

Learn to treat your thoughts with indifference. Dwelling on something negative has no value, keep trelling yourself that and find something more interested to tax your mind with. Invent something fantastic.

Jim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information